What do you tow with?

/ What do you tow with? #41  
I pull a small travel trailer and a car trailer (autos, tractors, crawlers) with a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 with a 6.0 Vortec and a 4:10 rear end..........does a good job. Gets 15 mpg without towing.....drops to 13 or 14 depending on tow.

/ What do you tow with? #42  
...blah blah blah...

...mindless garbage and misspelling removed to spare everyone from the torture...

...blah blah blah...

Consider yourself ignored so I don't have to read your drivel anymore. Feel free to do the same to me so you don't have to clutter up the forum responding to my posts. Read my posts and then read your posts. I think you can plainly see who derailed this thread.

Good day!

/ What do you tow with? #43  
OK....group hug! :laughing:

/ What do you tow with? #44  
Oops...max towing for the ecodiesel is 9200#. I still think it would be fine. Outdoorsman/slt/bighorn, crewcab 6" 4" bed, 4x4, payload 1205#, max towing 8700#...that would work for me and couple of friends. Just saying...

/ What do you tow with? #45  
It does have to do with brand. It's always the Ford guys who do this. I know it upsets you when I point this out but you guys are predictable as ****. Do we really need to discuss what brands took bailout money years ago? Nope, but the Ford posters still bring it up constantly. Even this week it has been brought up. SSDD.

We all know that stickers and numbers on trucks can't really be trusted as there is not a standard way to report these numbers so they are not consistent. If you dont' think that truck will haul 851 pounds of stuff that is your opinion. I have no doubt that that truck will do just fine with 851 pounds of stuff just like any other 1/2 ton truck with a powerful engine will. You seem to get real caught up with stickers. Look at the power the engine makes and it will be obvious that the truck will do just fine towing. That 1/2 ton pickup has more power than pretty much any diesel truck made in the 90's (6.2, 6.5, 5.9, etc) and those trucks did just fine towing big loads and they had way less power. Myth busted.

You have an agenda and we can all see right through it. It's fine to love your brand but to sit and say the same garbage over and over is ridiculous.

The only people who need to get a grip are you and your Ford buddies who derail every thread with the same garbage. We dont' need you to tell us how terrible the eco diesel is and we dont' need to know what companies took bailout money years ago. Next time you decide to post that same crap keep your finger off the reply button and stay out of the conversation while the adults are talking.

If you really want to know how the ecodiesel tows here is a review of people who actually towed a trailer instead of just looking at a sticker like you did.
2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Review: Towing and MPG Fuel Economy
Funny it sounds like the truck does pretty well towing. Imagine that. Laffin.

It may work at 851# but you may end up with a ticket on the side of the road and unable to take your rig out of impound without being legal. Apparently the RCMP and dot have been really cracking down on over loaded rv in BC and Alberta for the last few years.

BTW I highly doubt they Leo will care about brand or bailout uses!!

/ What do you tow with? #46  
07 Tundra 4x4, 5.7L gas, 6 speed auto towing 8,000lb 30' boat/trailer. About 8mpg towing, 16mpg everyday driving.

summer 2014 070.jpg

At 8mpg probably not the best choice for long distance trips:)

/ What do you tow with? #47  
Oops...max towing for the ecodiesel is 9200#. I still think it would be fine. Outdoorsman/slt/bighorn, crewcab 6" 4" bed, 4x4, payload 1205#, max towing 8700#...that would work for me and couple of friends. Just saying...

OP's trailer is 8000 lbs. Minimum tongue weight would be 800 lbs. Using your example that only leaves 405 lbs for people and gear. Also one must realize delivered vehicles are always less than published values.

/ What do you tow with? #48  
OP's trailer is 8000 lbs. Minimum tongue weight would be 800 lbs. Using your example that only leaves 405 lbs for people and gear. Also one must realize delivered vehicles are always less than published values.

My '05 F150 had 1200 lbs. of payload, and I was nearing the limit with my 5000 lb (loaded weight) travel trailer. WD hitch and sway bars add 50-100 lbs, coolers, firewood, bikes, people, etc. It doesn't take much to use up 1200 lbs really quick.

/ What do you tow with? #49  
Consider yourself ignored so I don't have to read your drivel anymore. Feel free to do the same to me so you don't have to clutter up the forum responding to my posts. Read my posts and then read your posts. I think you can plainly see who derailed this thread.

Good day!
Wow. That was the most immature response form you so far. You and your Ford buddies are getting quite the reputation on this site. You guys derail every thread with brand bashing, eco diesel bashing, who took bailout money bashing, etcc. Great contribution. Keep up the great work.

/ What do you tow with? #50  
It may work at 851# but you may end up with a ticket on the side of the road and unable to take your rig out of impound without being legal. Apparently the RCMP and dot have been really cracking down on over loaded rv in BC and Alberta for the last few years.

BTW I highly doubt they Leo will care about brand or bailout uses!!

Can't say I've ever heard of a 1/2 ton pickup being pulled over and all its' contents weighed to see if you are over rated capacity. Probably have better chance of getting struck by lighting or winning the lottery in the USA. What you describe would really suck going through.

Agree on the brand and bailout garbage.