What do you let your dog chew on?

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #1  

TomSeller

Tractor
JD, Massey, Kubota, Case
The wife was running out of slippers that were not chewed on. I told her it was a sign of affection, but that didn't go far. So I figured I better get the new dog something to chew on. I am trying the compressed rawhide. So far so good if I take them away after a couple of hours and if I watch for the stick getting too small where they can be swallowed. That would seem to me to create a digestion problem.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #2  
I have larger dogs, 2 labs and a golden retriever. We get rolled rawhide from Costco. They are called "Retriever Rolls".

Somewhat expensive, but the dogs love them. Try putting a little peanut butter into the gaps between the layers on one end -- makes them even better. They just get smaller and smaller over time, I expect that the dogs eat the little pieces they tear off. From time to time the dogs do have some digestion problems, but I have always correlated that more with finding a deer corpse in the woods than the rawhide. They sometimes bring deer bones home...

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #3  
About the only thing I allow my adult Labradors to chew on are the tough rubber toys. Experience tells me that hard toys, bones and other things leads to abscessed tech, teeth getting pulled and other costly vet bills.

The normal rule with dogs is weird stuff in, weird stuff out. So avoid all weird stuff.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #4  
We give our Rottie USA made beef cheeks. They are easier to digest than rawhide and don't smell at all. The packaged ones are petty expensive, but we have found several places nearby that have them in bulk which are lower cost.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #5  
Our dogs are extremly spoiled. Every month we get a Bark Box with several doggy toys in it and a few different types of treats. Most of the time the chickens end up with the treats since the dogs are picky and only get excited about Nudges. The toys are fairly well built, but eventually they get torn apart. For the hours and hours of entertainment the dogs get out of them, its not that big of a deal picking up the destroyed toys before mowing the lawn. Some toys are like stuffed animals, others are more for tug a way. They know what toys are for them, and leave everything else alone.

Dog Toys, Treats & Gifts Every Month | BarkBox

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #6  
Just brought my 11 month old GSP home to live with me(Long story),he had been at my son's since he was 8 weeks old.Any-way he destroyed all the stuffed toys that my old dog had for years;in very short order.Gave him some toughter stuff and he is doing a pretty good job of wrecking them too.
I don't believe in giving dogs any raw-hides or bones.He can peal the cover off a tennis ball.
He is proving to be an out-standing bird dog,does it all;points,retrieve to hand and backs.I am dog sitting this week-end;three GSP's a year old and younger plus the older dogs;lots of fun.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #7  
We recommend hard rubber toys, cow tails, beef pizzles (don't ask) and beef tendon for chewing dogs at the store. Anything too hard can damage their teeth. The veterinary college has a test, whack it against your knee. If it's so hard it hurts, don't let your dog chew it. The biggest tooth damaging items are bones and antlers, although for gentle chewing dogs you can sometimes use them. If any of you invent and indestructible safe dog chew you will be very rich!!

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #8  
What type of dog do you have.
My pits will eat rawhide. They love nylabone chews

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #9  
My Black Mouth Cur loves Jolly balls ( horse toy ). It's the only toy he plays with anymore. They are almost indestructable and last from 3 to 6 months. He'll even carry it with him when we go for walks.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #10  
You guys make me realize how lucky we are that our 11 year old Chihuahua doesn't care about chewing on anything other than her food.:laughing: