What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #71  
2014 RAM 3500 DRW 4X4 6.7 Cummins with 175K on it. Hauls, what I want and then some!

/ What do you drive for a truck? #72  
I do have a few vehicles that I use. The truck hauls my toys to shows and some digging projects. I've had it about 12 of it's 48 years. It doesn't see salt and spends the winter in the garage. I have about $4k into it. The camper turns 71 this year. I drag the car behind it, so I have something to use to go back and get the truck. I've only had it for 40 years. Bought it, rebuilt the engine and outfitted the interior for about $5k. Both vehicles get about 10 mpg, so it could be worse. GMC 4104 1953.jpgwhite truck and D4 2017.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #73  
I have the same uses as OP. 2019 Ranger, plenty of power, towing decent too @7500#. Rides great for a midsized PU. 40k no issues, but it's still new...

/ What do you drive for a truck? #74  
Well, I've never taken a poll as to what color interior people like...but I notice that all the high-end vehicles...Lexus, Lincoln and others - have interiors that are so light as to be almost white. Makes the vehicle look much roomier, airier.

Out here in the desert the light interiors age MUCH better than black interiors...that Nevada sun will cause black colored plastic/leather to dry out and crack in a short time. Not to mention that it gets so hot you can't touch it. And desert dust shows up in high contrast on a black interior.

My Jeep Rubicon has a black interior - only color available. So does my Toyota 4Runner. If I could change that black color to a light desert tan I'd do it in a minute!

I dont need to take a poll, all you need to do it look at the new/used truck market. If brown and white interiors on trucks were popular you simply would see them on the lots more. There is a reason most cars on the lots have dark interiors, its not hard to figure out why.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #75  
I'm retired. So....I don't have to be anywhere at any specific time. In 2018 I bought a brand new Ram 2500 Power Wagon. It's the only on-road vehicle I own. It's used for everything. I call it - the Taco Wagon.

But MAINLY - it's my FUN vehicle. I live in NE WA state and my property is very remote. Nearest neighbor - 2 1/2 miles away.

View attachment 853184
I'm going to bet that nobody will be able to talk you into trading it for a Ford Lightning, Tesla CyberTruck or a Rivian either.
I live in north central WA, so I know what remote can mean. Funny, but apparently the governor and the legislature don't understand the concept of remote either.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #76  
LOVE that interior!

One of the things I hate about many of the new vehicles is that the interior comes in black. No other color options. Makes the interior look like a tomb...and at my age, I'll be in a tomb soon enough!
My thoughts exactly, can't even order a light colored interior in a RAM now.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #77  
I do have a few vehicles that I use. The truck hauls my toys to shows and some digging projects. I've had it about 12 of it's 48 years. It doesn't see salt and spends the winter in the garage. I have about $4k into it. The camper turns 71 this year. I drag the car behind it, so I have something to use to go back and get the truck. I've only had it for 40 years. Bought it, rebuilt the engine and outfitted the interior for about $5k. Both vehicles get about 10 mpg, so it could be worse. View attachment 853315View attachment 853316
Wow cool Cab-Over!

/ What do you drive for a truck? #78  
I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 which I have fitted out for my bike outings. In my spare time, I drive all over the eastern US, riding off road bike trails. Some are well off the beaten path and require a 4WD truck with good ground clearance to access.

IMG_002431a.jpg

I have a slide out rack that holds two bikes and side boxes for gear.

IMG_004110a.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #79  
I dont need to take a poll, all you need to do it look at the new/used truck market. If brown and white interiors on trucks were popular you simply would see them on the lots more. There is a reason most cars on the lots have dark interiors, its not hard to figure out why.
No...it is not hard to figure out why. If all they make is black interiors then of course that's all that you'll see on the market!

This was a topic of discussion on the Jeep Wrangler forums. Recently retired Jeep executive stated the company saved a lot of money by not having to stock interior body panels of different colors. Just like the old Model T vehicles...any color you want as long as its black!

/ What do you drive for a truck? #80  
Bought a 2017 Tundra Double Cab (not the biggest cab) 6.5 ft bed. 4x4, maybe 9 months ago?

1000000737.jpg

Once we got finished moving, it is simply our work truck. We take it when we need to pick up large items or pull the trailer on a road. It can go anywhere on the property we need to drive.