What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #31  
2022 Ram 2500 Lariat with a 6.4L Hemi gas engine. I really like it. I pull trailers about half the miles. Anywhere from a 12' trailer to a 28' gooseneck trailer, depending on what equipment I need.

Today I will be pulling the 20' bumper pull trailer with a skid steer.

I really like the Ram 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi. This is my third one since 2019

/ What do you drive for a truck? #32  
Use to look at the bulletproof trucks for sale at powerstrokehelp.com. Basically almost new trucks with new interior and bulletproof engines.
Usually around $35K.
Too bad the bulletproofing doesn’t include brakes, ball joints, etc.
That stuff gets expensive, too
especially when you use them for plowing, towing & work.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #33  
I have a 2017 GMC 3500, the only fancy stuff the engine has is variable valve timing.

I can tell you this, from a mechanical perspective- do a thorough search on the powertrain that you buy, and I would avoid anything with anything similar to GM’s Active Fuel Management (where the cylinders drop out under certain conditions)

This may be difficult to avoid because the EPA standards are calling for it more and more.

It is a disaster for engines, severely curtailing longevity.

Toyota really is (generally speaking) the best engineered product out there.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #34  
I'm typical rural and need a new truck. I tow a little, get groceries at times and do rural stuff with it. It stays pretty clean.

What do you drive?
And what do you do with it?
2003 Suburban K1500. All factory options. Nice and comfortable. Seats 7 if needed. Holds 4x8 sheets if needed. Everything fits inside nice and dry. Nothing rolling around in the bed.

That replaced a 93 Suburban.

We have an 18' car hauler trailer with removable side boards if I need to move something around like gravel, mulch, firewood, my tractor and attachments, etc.

I find pickups with short beds and 4 doors to be impractical for our needs.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #36  
Mine is a 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie, pretty little thing and quite comfortable.
front quarter.jpg

interior.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #37  
A 2017 F150 XLT super cab, which is the smaller back seat. We bought it brand new. Like most people it hauls air most of the time but I do haul things and tow with it also.
IMG_2753.jpeg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #38  
The best pickup so far, not the most practical, durable or comfortable but the best looking.
I get lots of likes when I would go to Home Depot for supplies...

I keep a old piece of carpet and put the nap down to protect the bed.

Picked up 12 60# ready mix sacks once and got scolded by passerbys...

/ What do you drive for a truck? #39  
1996 Dodge Cumins 2500. 260K kilometres. About 200k kilos towing a 20 ft. Trailer. With 9.5 Bigfoot camper on it. Much of it on lumpy backroads.

Attachments

• IMG_1449.jpeg
    IMG_1449.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
   / What do you drive for a truck? #40  
I'm typical rural and need a new truck. I tow a little, get groceries at times and do rural stuff with it. It stays pretty clean.

What do you drive?
And what do you do with it?
Newer ranger. Been a good truck for the 1st 50K miles.
ranger0321.jpg