What do you and your BX Brush Hog with?

/ What do you and your BX Brush Hog with? #1  

Lockport

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I am looking at a slightly used Wood Brushbull 48, standard duty. It weighs about 450lbs. What is everyone else Brush Hogging with and is this too big for my BX2230? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ What do you and your BX Brush Hog with? #2  
I use about the same weight rotary cutter on my BX2230,It's a Land Pride RC1548.It weigh's about 460lb,Ihave no problems plenty of power,I used lower pin hole location's for lift arm pins,Tractor lift's it plenty high.I'm not filmilar with woods if they have different locations for pins,if not this could be a problem as our subcompact's have lower tires which limit 3pt lifting height.Also leave loader on for counter balance or add weight's to front as some dips or hills could cause you to kiss the raditor "not fun".One other thing you'll need to address is pto shaft lenght you will most likely need to shorten it,I had to cut 5 1/2" off each pc to fit,not a problem.I hope this help's,I do think you are better off buying a good used heavy duty model in good shape.If you shop around a little you can find them in the $350-$500 range and some are like new! and will last a long time.

/ What do you and your BX Brush Hog with? #3  
I have a 48" Fred Cain Agri-Cutter, medium-duty, about 700 lbs. if I remember right. The BX does a very nice job with this unit. The 48" size is just right, makes it easy to judge where cutter is in reference to tractor width.
Terry

/ What do you and your BX Brush Hog with? #4  
BEFCO RSD148, 48" Tornado rotary cutter, 438lbs. No problems lifting or cutting. 2" or anything I can drive over, whatever is larger.