What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
I ordered this hydraulic ext tube on March 2 from AGT. It was in the mailbox today March 6. I can finally get the hydraulic oil changed, and install my filter. 20240306_140139.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #452  
There may be some owners who'd be interested in the measurements of that pickup tube if it is something they could fabricate themselves since it's not currently in stock.

There may be some owners who'd be interested in the measurements of that pickup tube if it is something they could fabricate themselves since it's not currently in stock.
I will get the dimensions and post them. I saw where someone had the tube made and it cost them over $100.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #454  
The thread size is probably METRIC crap! See if anybody can find out! Thanks!!

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #455  
Yeah, it is not clear to me how it is supposed to work, and why the tube is threaded. I posted these pix a long time ago, and my setup uses a long threaded rod, welded at one end, to hold the tube and strainer together. The tube in my photo is welded to the cover plate.

Isn't the tube there just to keep the strainer centered at the bottom middle of the tank?

Attachments

• hyd_tank_1.jpg
    hyd_tank_1.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 25
  • hyd_tank_2.jpg
    hyd_tank_2.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 24
  • hyd_tank_3.jpg
    hyd_tank_3.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 23
The thread size is probably METRIC crap! See if anybody can find out! Thanks!!
Yep, it's definitely metric. I did know the dimensions, but I forgot them. I will get the info as soon as I can.

Yeah, it is not clear to me how it is supposed to work, and why the tube is threaded. I posted these pix a long time ago, and my setup uses a long threaded rod, welded at one end, to hold the tube and strainer together. The tube in my photo is welded to the cover plate.

Isn't the tube there just to keep the strainer centered at the bottom middle of the tank?
The end of the suction strainer is threaded and screwed onto the fitting in the tank. Remove the strainer, screw on the extension to the fitting in the tank. screw the strainer onto the ext. The extension has male threads on one end and female threads on other.20240306_140148.jpg

The videos show the hydraulic oil and filter (strainer) change, but it also shows how the extension tube is used, as it comes off when he removes the strainer. Probably not much of a video, unless you have an L12.