What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
Good video. I am glad GarageCon has responded to my comments on Utube. I am the "gentleman" he refers to, suggesting he does not want to run fans like he did. Those fans are 80W each, or about 6.5 Amperes. They would not work even if he did have a 10A alternator. I would love to have even one of those fans on my mini.

The Breaks & Scrapum photo is very helpful. My Chonda has only one of those charge coils (upper left of photo). B&S officially offers 3A and 10A on their product website, but it seems there are more options, as stated. (no coil, one coil, 2 coils, giant stator, super-duper stator, maybe more).

Anyone who takes their flywheel off should install a good stator. They are cheap. I plan to do that if I take out my engine in coming years.

I woulda responded to GarageCon with photos but Utube does not allow that. Go, TBN.
I like garagecon videos. The Briggs chart indicates 2 black wires with a yellow connector on a 10amp alternator. I will check my charging system this week when I go back to work. some charts show a 9amp charge on our Briggs 210000.

Are all the Briggs parts interchangeable with your Duramax?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #112  
I like garagecon videos. The Briggs chart indicates 2 black wires with a yellow connector on a 10amp alternator. I will check my charging system this week when I go back to work. some charts show a 9amp charge on our Briggs 210000.

Are all the Briggs parts interchangeable with your Duramax?
Just measure the charge current. It will probably be max output just after you start it. If you spring for a DC clamp-on meter, the test is very easy. I do not have one, so I just did it with a cheapo HF meter in the 10A setting.

As for substituting 420cc B&S parts for Chonda parts, some will clearly fit (e.g. carbs), but others I have not tried. The exhaust manifold on my Duromax (LCT Engines) was unweldable cast steel; the B&S was mild steel tubing (easy to weld). Stud spacing, same. Swapping engines results in muffler mods on many applications.

TaryFixesAll on Utube found other subs between B&S and Chonda, but that was for the small format engines (GX200), not the larger format thumpers (300cc-480cc).

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #113  
I've watched a couple of YT videos where it was stated that parts like hoses, wheel motors and hydraulic pumps are commonly available from Amazon. Does that really seem to be the case?

I've watched a couple of YT videos where it was stated that parts like hoses, wheel motors and hydraulic pumps are commonly available from Amazon. Does that really seem to be the case?
So far, I know the pump is available and the swing motor [Eaton], is available. I have not looked for anything other than that. Amazon has a lot of stuff, they even have whole excavator for sale on the site.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #115  
A good question. I am an eBay buyer/seller, and that is how I first discovered these machines 6 years ago. Not very many parts there, yet. I may end up selling some of mine on eBay. I expected they would go locally. Still may.

The pumps, I would source from SurplusCenter or eBay, esp since I have been specifying 5.5cc instead of the usual 6.8cc, and I did my own coupling. I do prefer the LoveJoy coupling, but room is an issue.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #116  
Looking at the local Facebook marketplace last night, I saw a couple of car dealers posting ads for QH12s for sale for $7,000-$8,000.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #117  
This is hard to watch. ...
Yes it was. I hope the young fellow survived it. Jumping out underneath a heavy falling machine was not the right instinctive response. Error compounding bad judgment to begin with for trying to operate in such a way.

I expect the prices will continue falling. Some of the models have very limited access to the engine area. I looked at lots of pics until I saw the L12 and the rear hood that raises, and gives great access to the engine area. I think at the time I bought mine, it was the best model available under $7000. I gave $6500 delivered tax included. I would buy it again. I cant remember if the QH12 has a door that opens on rear? If it does then that may be a good option. AGT in Chicago has sale prices now that are hard to beat. Buying from some "dealers" will not include warranty.. I bought mine from a private seller with 0.2 hours on it, but AGT will not warranty it.

I have seen some models where people have a heck of a time just checking the oil. The large rear hatch on the L12 makes things easier on me.
20231222_130106.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #119  
The temptation is to assume these mini ex's aren't much more dangerous than a lawn mower because they are only 13.5hp, but 2,000 lbs is 2,000 lbs. The available hydraulic power to lift an impressive amount of weight on a 36" wide machine could get someone in trouble quickly, especially if it's a long log being moved over uneven terrain.

FWIW, I priced a basic Struck mini dozer kit without an engine, unpainted, v-belt transmission system, steel tracks, and all manual lift without any hydraulic power delivered to my house for $5,255 in October, 2023. For $5,990 plus delivery, my local tractor dealer will sell me a fully assembled and painted L12 with 13.5 hp engine, hydraulic drive/lift system, that has a digging bucket, manual thumb, and a small dozing blade on rubber tracks.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #120  
Yes it was. I hope the young fellow survived it. Jumping out underneath a heavy falling machine was not the right instinctive response. Error compounding bad judgment to begin with for trying to operate in such a way.
Seat belt.