What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
Wow!! All that was Greek to me. I didnt know I was Hydraulicly illiterate until I found out I need a filter on the baby digger. The only filter base I can find local is 3/4 f 20231127_133509.jpgnpt. Will that be easy enough to adapt to?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #62  
. The only filter base I can find local is 3/4 fnpt. Will that be easy enough to adapt to?

That is prob identical to the one I posted about in my Modify thread. You need NPT adapters to the hose sizes you have or want to use. I would use 1/2 hose size for the return lines. You will need to adapt to the metric fittings. You can just buy the above and take it to your favorite local shop, along with your return hose and a Plan for where you will install the filter.

More than one way to do this.

That is prob identical to the one I posted about in my Modify thread. You need NPT adapters to the hose sizes you have or want to use. I would use 1/2 hose size for the return lines. You will need to adapt to the metric fittings. You can just buy the above and take it to your favorite local shop, along with your return hose and a Plan for where you will install the filter.

More than one way to do this.
I thought it looked like yours just a different name. are there a lot of different hose combinations on the China baby X? I expected they would all be the same across the different manufacturers since they all look basically the same.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #64  
Sounds like you have a good plan. If I had the option to have the hydraulic thumb installed when I purchased my L12, I would have done it.. Its nice that you have a dealer close to you. there is a newer model of the L12 and it appears to be better than mine. My L12 has the cooler and fan for the hydraulics but not the hyd filter. the filter is necessary for longer life of the hydraulic components. I will be adding 1 when I can. If the L12 your dealer has is grey or black, its probably the newer model. either way this site will be here to help you if needed.View attachment 841090
The dealer near me doesn't have any grey or black. He has red ones like yours and yellow ones that say Agrotk.

There are a bunch of places here like creek banks where it would be terrific if one of these inexpensive minis had enough flow/psi in the auxilary circuit to run a small brush cutter.

The dealer near me doesn't have any grey or black. He has red ones like yours and yellow ones that say Agrotk.

There are a bunch of places here like creek banks where it would be terrific if one of these inexpensive minis had enough flow/psi in the auxilary circuit to run a small brush cutter.
I agree with you on the brushcutter. I have considered trying to make one. a 30 inch mower deck and a hydraulic motor and hydraulic hose and 50 pounds of welding rods would get me started :)

Agrotk has a sale on the DY14. may be better and heavier than the L12. 6999. very nice looking machine.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #67  
I agree with you on the brushcutter. I have considered trying to make one. a 30 inch mower deck and a hydraulic motor and hydraulic hose and 50 pounds of welding rods would get me started :)
Gravely 30" brush cutting decks used to be available for about $75. The blade is pretty heavy, but one piece that doesn't swing back. I just wonder if there's enough hydraulic flow to run it?

Gravely 30" brush cutting decks used to be available for about $75. The blade is pretty heavy, but one piece that doesn't swing back. I just wonder if there's enough hydraulic flow to run it?
I dont know but I think there is a good chance there is enough flow, especially if you run up aroumd 3400 rpm. There are several members on here that are extremely knowledgeable and maybe we will get a better answer about the power we need for 30 in mower. I know 8hp will run a 30 in mower with no problem. we have about 14 hp on our baby-X. I think you lose a little power in the transfer thru hydraulics.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #69  
I dont know but I think there is a good chance there is enough flow, especially if you run up aroumd 3400 rpm. There are several members on here that are extremely knowledgeable and maybe we will get a better answer about the power we need for 30 in mower. I know 8hp will run a 30 in mower with no problem. we have about 14 hp on our baby-X. I think you lose a little power in the transfer thru hydraulics.
No way you are going to run an existing hyd-powered rotary mower on these small machines. They do not have the flow rate or power. You could design a mower that was really small that could work, but I have not heard of that being done. Although our little 420cc engines can put out 13-16hp at 3600RPM, you will lose nearly half that output driving a gear pump and motor. And don't forget the heat that would generate.

No to rain on anyone's parade. I would like to see someone build a small dipper-mounted mower.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #70  
I thought it looked like yours just a different name. are there a lot of different hose combinations on the China baby X? I expected they would all be the same across the different manufacturers since they all look basically the same.
I have seen both M10 and M12 on the AUX, and the next 2 sizes up inside the house. All metric O-ring (DIN).