What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #221  
Moved more crusher run for a client.

20180323_171005.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #222  
Stretched some fence and went and picked up my mower.....

IMG_2363.jpegIMG_2364.jpegIMG_2375.jpeg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Cut down 6 big trees (70'+ tall, 30" diameter), cut into 10' sections and piled up for firewood processing.

Dug the stumps out with my Neighbor's Case 580 and my Volvo excavator.

Smoothed out the holes with the backblade.

Grapple is worth every penny.

A couple logs were a bit much for the 2538. I really have to get a device to measure the lifting capacity, I really believe it is a lot less than advertised.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #224  
Beyond anchoring a hanging scale to the ground, hooking it to your loader and attempting to lift, I'm unsure of what sort of device you would use. You could put a pressure gauge in the line and see if you get good pressure to the cylinders.

If you really want to know the lift capacity, rather than a "device"; try loading a pallet with something you know the weight of. Some cement block or bags of top soil or whatever. Fill the pallet to the point it cannot lift or curl and do the math.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #225  
Replaced the Bucket level indicator on the FEL. It got some ice in it this winter and when I rolled the bucket up it bent the rod and sleeve like a pretzel.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Beyond anchoring a hanging scale to the ground, hooking it to your loader and attempting to lift, I'm unsure of what sort of device you would use. You could put a pressure gauge in the line and see if you get good pressure to the cylinders.

If you really want to know the lift capacity, rather than a "device"; try loading a pallet with something you know the weight of. Some cement block or bags of top soil or whatever. Fill the pallet to the point it cannot lift or curl and do the math.

A load cell would do the trick. I am trying to find one to rent, since I have only 1 time use for it and they run a few hundred bucks.

The pressures measure out OK.

Problem with using the pallet forks, or whatever, is the max lift is at the pins. When you put the load out further, max lift decreases, and I don't want to do the math.

I have a buddy who does a lot of electronics wiring. I found a load cell for $35, and just need a few parts to make it read out accurately. Just have to convince him to make me one.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #227  
Stump removal.IMG_3854.JPGIMG_3857.JPGIMG_3858.JPGIMG_3860.JPG

Oh honey. It’s just a couple small holes in the yard.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #228  
Got 25hst e. Took the snow blower off it today and put the loader on it.

I'd like to build a carry all box for the rear end of it. I have some angle iron and if given some time, would like to weld up a box for it.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #229  
While not today [ we are getting snow'd in today ], I moved a couple downed beech trees away from my pistol range area. We are in the process of loseing all our beech via beetle/fungus invasion. Wacked it up into 8 to 12' lengths and my 5035 had it's way with it. The beeches were about 100' tall, with our sugar maple and cherry about 90'. Still have a lot of smaller stuff to clean up, if Spring ever comes. I had moved a 16" beech prior to this that I had felled onto this one, but did not take pictures. I had cleared a rough trail just left [ north ] of the beech to be able to haul the blocks out towards the back of my property to dump on my property lines out there. I will clean it up more and drag it next summer for a new trail.

Attachments

• IMG_0115 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0115 (Large).JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0119 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0119 (Large).JPG
    807.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #230  
Once again, nothing. The thing is still setting in the dealer's field and still a crank-no start. This is week five and it hasn't been looked at. I was going to trade it in this spring because it was just not enough tractor. I'll let you guess what it won't be if I ever get it back.