what did you do super bowl sunday?

/ what did you do super bowl sunday? #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
I got a start on making a pad for a new building. We're pulling in about three hundred cubic yards of material from the berm of a drainage ditch.

Of course we thought a bud's beater dump truck would make more sense than repeated loads with the loader backhoe.

Then the dump truck got stuck......

Attachments

• 35-230028-MVC-002F.JPG
    35-230028-MVC-002F.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 276
   / what did you do super bowl sunday?
That was me on the 416B trying to pull out what wouldn't dump. It doesn't look stuck because the dump bed has lifted the truck axle a foot out of it's hole.

Look in the background and you'll see who's too darn pretty to get dirty doing work.

Attachments

• 35-230029-MVC-001F.JPG
    35-230029-MVC-001F.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 206
Another shot. Poor Cat, first it puts the dirt into the truck. Then it has to pull it out. Some days.............

Attachments

• 35-230031-MVC-004F.JPG
    35-230031-MVC-004F.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 174
Bud decided to build a pad one foot high for his six thousand square foot barn--playhouse--garage on sixty acres in the country. He kept telling me I had to be wrong when I told him that meant about three hundred cubic yards including taper and the approaches. Then he divided six thousand by twenty seven.................

/ what did you do super bowl sunday? #5  
I took the kids to Boyne Highlands in Michigan to go downhill skiing this weekend. I'm less enthusiastic about the cold each year, but they still love it. Slopes were pretty empty near the end of the day - probably related to the 8 degree temp/10 mph winds and the upcoming game.

/ what did you do super bowl sunday? #6  
Whattya think of the Cat? I'm always curious for equipment opinions...

/ what did you do super bowl sunday? #7  
Made a 240 mile round trip to meet up with a couple of the kids and take them to an Outback for supper. A good time was had by all....................chim

/ what did you do super bowl sunday? #8  
We took the kids Tobogganing at Pokagon State Park. Two lane 2000 ft refridgerated toboggan run. It was fun but crowded.

I believe during the actual Super Bowl, I was out plowing snow. Much more fun (at least for me) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ what did you do super bowl sunday? #9  
Watched the three and a half point favorites get beat by 27 points. At least the winning teams fans didn't tear up their town. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ what did you do super bowl sunday? #10  
Read stuff on TBN.
Played with kids.
Played with tractor.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/54-229896-pt425_snow01.jpg>Posted pictures on TBN.</A>
Went ice fishing.
Ate a nice pork roast and blueberry cobbler with the family.
Played with kids.
Watched some super bowl.
Read stuff on TBN.

All in all, a good day /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif