What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,361  
Bought a bigger rear blade for my LS, old blade is a 7 foot John Deere which always worked nice but I wanted a wider blade to reach over the edge of driveway. Bought a used 9 foot Bison NVH 270 that was for sale on craigslist for $1500 , it is a very heavy duty blade that weighs 1,240 pounds. Two miner problems the folding stand is bent but still works should be easy enough to fix. The 2 3/16 nut that the blade swivels on should be tightened but so far I have been unable to turn it even with a 3 foot cheater bar, soaked it down with pb blaster so maybe after a few days might be able to turn it , if that doesn’t work might try applying some heat.
1673752650448.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,362  
Had to heat the one one my rhino rear blade...

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,364  
oooOOOOOoooooo!!!!

I'd consider putting some hydraulics on that blade! Nice find!! 👍
Just might do that , the first time I tried the offset tractor was parked slightly leaning when I pulled the pin the blade swung all the way to the right, once it started moving it was simply to heavy to stop, had to park on a level spot in order to swing it back Where I wanted it. I do have a spare hydraulic cylinder in the garage will have to do some measuring to see if it would work.
Right now the main thing is I need to get that 2 3/16 nut properly adjusted, it’s been soaked with PB blaster for a few days now so hopefully next time I hook it up I will be able to turn it, If not will probably have to heat it up with a torch or borrow a 3/4 inch impact wrench.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,365  
Bought a bigger rear blade for my LS, old blade is a 7 foot John Deere which always worked nice but I wanted a wider blade to reach over the edge of driveway. Bought a used 9 foot Bison NVH 270 that was for sale on craigslist for $1500 , it is a very heavy duty blade that weighs 1,240 pounds. Two miner problems the folding stand is bent but still works should be easy enough to fix. The 2 3/16 nut that the blade swivels on should be tightened but so far I have been unable to turn it even with a 3 foot cheater bar, soaked it down with pb blaster so maybe after a few days might be able to turn it , if that doesn’t work might try applying some heat.
View attachment 779280

You may want to check that your not out of threads on the bolt it swivels on. Take the nut off and check. Usually they are designed to rotate on the shank and not threads so a washer or two may be in order.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,366  
You may want to check that your not out of threads on the bolt it swivels on. Take the nut off and check. Usually they are designed to rotate on the shank and not threads so a washer or two may be in order.
Yes I suspect you are probably correct it will require another washer or some sort of spacer.
Tried to turn the nut today both tighter and looser but it didn’t budge, looks like applying some heat will probably be the next step.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,368  
Neighbor about 2.5 miles away has very nice shop and lots of tools so I drove the tractor and blade over there, the nut wouldn’t budge with a 3/4 inch impact wrench until it was heated red hot and then it still barely came off, once it was off we spent some time cleaning the threads, made a new and about three times as thick plate to put on top of the nut, put a very good coat of Never Seize on it and it all seems to be working better now.
1674109900095.jpeg

Here is a picture of the old plate that isn’t being used anymore, it looked more like a mushroom before we put it in the press.
1674110067589.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,369  
And here is a picture of a new slow moving vehicle sign that taped to the inside of the rear window with blue painters tape, it’s made to stick to the outside of the window so someday I might put it on the outside, the factory SMV sign that came with the tractor was nice but it was often getting caught in the hoses for my hydraulic top link and getting damaged
1674110290986.jpeg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,370  
The SMV sign was the first thing to come off my tractor when it arrived. I took the entire bracket off. Looking back, probably not the brightest idea I've had. It is the law that the SMV be visible (along with a slew of other lights) while driving on the highway.

Honestly, I didn't look up any laws or rules before removing the sign, just removed it. I couln't imagine getting pulled over by a local deputy and cited. However, I have since added a beacon, and always flash my hazards while on the road. If someone was to crash into me while out on the road, they could argue that they didn't see me because I didn't have a properly displayed SMV sign.

Those signs just suck!

Anyway, nice repair! That's a heavy duty blade!!