What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,871  
This is not at all completely comparable as I’m using it on my 580E full size backhoe but I find stump removal much easier with my 12” trench bucket rather than my 24” digging bucket. I suppose a ripper tooth might be even easier but then I’d have to a) have one and b) switch between the trenching (or digging) bucket and the ripper-which would be a major PITA as I don’t have a quick connect system on my old POS Case.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,872  
Nice pics @Gnome I especially like the one where you stopped and took one of the scenery. Man this country is so varied and beautiful, and that blue tractor looks great against that backdrop. Thanks for sharing! I'm stuck at a desk all week through Sunday, fun to see the images.

To fit the theme of What I did today on my LS tractor: I completed a parts order from something I broke on Saturday :(
49ae22ed-0d79-4804-9117-d1317d2f094c.jpg

I'm not quite sure what happened, I was running my box blade and, and best I can tell is I may have let the debris buildup too much (I really need a landscape rake) in front of the shanks and hit something that caused that right arm to move quickly and either shear or move sideways enough to rip out the pin that held it in there. I checked my stabilizers before beginning work, and thought they were good, but perhaps they were too loose.

I ordered a replacement and spare. I didn't just want to put anything in there because I expected they made the hardness specific so it wouldn't break other parts of the linkage.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I'm up to this week, I have next week off so looking forward to a lot of work clearing some of my woods for a small shed.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,873  
Ordered? Comparable pins are available at most farm stores. Or use a bolt.

I've taken out a few stumps with my 12" bucket but I'm not sure one of those other things would help much.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,874  
Ordered? Comparable pins are available at most farm stores. Or use a bolt.

Yes, ordered...
I ordered a replacement and spare. I didn't just want to put anything in there because I expected they made the hardness specific so it wouldn't break other parts of the linkage.

I don't know what grade hardness of what was originally in there, I'm not putting something else in there when it costs $12 OEM. If I was on my parents farm helping with harvest where every minute counted, of course, I'd make it work with something else instead of making trip to dealer. But as I also said, I'm off this entire week anyway and it wasn't mission critical to finish what I was doing, I just put the backhoe on, I've got plenty of other work to do out there. I'll pick it up from my dealer on one of the days home from work this week.

EDIT: To clarify, that's $12 for two sets of washers, pin and key. In my experience, it is best to default to engineer/designer considerations, assuming everything is made with a purpose unless I clearly know otherwise.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,875  
After spending many hours on the backhoe, digging the stumps out the best I could, using a 24" bucket is a nightmare. I have only removed about 20 of the 100's of stumps. There must be a better way! I'm exploring a ripper tooth.

To do 100's of stumps I think I'd be calling my friend with a dozer. Plenty of bonfires in your future....

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,876  
I did my long awaited 50 hour service on my MT125. I decided to go ahead and replace the hydraulic fluid instead of just filters. Glad I did. I found a lot of small medal shavings stuck to the magnetic drain bolt. A lot of people had a hard time removing the filters and drain plugs, but It was simple for me. Having the right tools for the job goes a long way. The only thing I don’t like is the location of one of the hydraulic filters. I had to remove the left rear wheel to get to it. Others say you can do it with removing the wheel, but in doing so you don’t have a chance to properly clean the area around it. I removed the front end loader and back hoe for the first time too. Relatively easy task.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,877  
Others say you can do it with removing the wheel, but in doing so you don’t have a chance to properly clean the area around it.
Two bolts on the one bracket below/behind the filter.

No need to pull the wheel.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,878  
Finally got around to filling the rears with washer fluid..... 5 hours later (including breaks because it was 96+ degrees) they are filled! I can definitely feel a difference, and was able to get a heaping bucket of dirt scooped up from a pile while in 2wd. It only took 82 gallons....

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,879  
Changed engine oil and filter, also changed hydraulic filters last week. Used the vacuum method when changing hydraulic filters and that worked great, didn’t loose hardly any oil. Removed FEL for my first time and that went easier than expected, re installing the loader was very easy . Used the tractor and a hydraulic dump trailer to haul 2 loads of firewood about 5 miles one way. Now have total of 74 hours on the new tractor and I’m very happy i bought it. The hours sure seem to add up fast, as close as I can tell it seems to be using about 1.6 gallons of fuel per hour.