What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,851  
I haven't raked hay in 35 years but it was in MO. with a IH 464 and a New Holland 256 or 258 rake IIRC.

We just use 2 IH 464's and 2 IH 1300 sickle bar mowers. Let it dry 1-3 days then rake it, let it dry 1/2-1 days and then bale it.

Is the hay tedder just to help air out and dry the hay?
Was the hay cut with a mower conditioner or just a sickle bar/ or disc mower?

Yes, the Tedder fluffs the hay and helps really speed the drying process. We use a NH 472 mower/conditioner.

That hay was cut and baled in 24 hours. Had a high chance of rain catch up to us. Luckily we got it all up before the storm. Hay was about 95% dry when we baled it.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,852  
Yes, the Tedder fluffs the hay and helps really speed the drying process. We use a NH 472 mower/conditioner.

That hay was cut and baled in 24 hours. Had a high chance of rain catch up to us. Luckily we got it all up before the storm. Hay was about 95% dry when we baled it.
I remember some years like that, we would only mow what we thought was about 500-600 bales (small square ones, about 70-80lbs) then the next day rake that and mow another 500-600 just in case it rained it wouldn't all be ruined before we got it in the barn. Over 13 years I think we only ever lost about 200 bales.

I also remember a few years it was so hot and dry we mowed early morning then seemed like raked and baled that evening or maybe it was the next day, I just know it was faster than usual.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,853  
Blew the valve in the FEL....grabbed a bucket of base....fanned it out gong in reverse....rolled forward after empty...put a 45 degree angle on the blade...put the loader into float and floated in reverse....looked up and my dash was covered with fluid....the controller valve where the stick goes into the valve is blowing out fluid....Oh poop. Called dealer....going to pick it up next week. Still love my MT225S.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,854  
PUT THE PHD ON TODAY,,A REAL P.I.A... I AM SURE I DID NOT DO IT IN THE CORRECT ORDER,,BUT I DID MOST STEPS TWICE,AT LEAST..THE BALLS IN THE QUICK COUPLER WERE KINDA STUCK,,SO WAS A REAL WRESTLIN MATCH TO GET THE PTO SHAFT ON..ONCE ON IT WORKS JUST FINE.. HAPPY WITH IT..

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,855  
Thank you for the words of encouragement. Honestly, it was these words that motivated me to get out and get it done. Thank you.

I echo what others have said from my own experience. I used to have a small you tube channel where I did farming simulator videos, but the advice I'd get was the same. You are always your own worst critic!

I no longer record gaming, but was obsessed with having the perfect audio, editing out every time my dog barked or whatever thing I was obsessing about, the bottom line is if people are enjoying your content, keep the focus on what people seem to enjoy, and improve the other stuff when you can as you progress along. Sounds like you've got the idea: Focus on improvement, but don't stress imperfection.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,856  
Thank you! I really do appreciate it. In fact, I just uploaded the next video, complete with voiceover! :censored:

But going back on topic, yesterday, I removed the hydraulic top link, and the side links, to hook up to the backhoe. I did use the hooks and balls, and the hydraulic top link while mowing. Mowed a ton around my property. But now, I gotta get the stumps removed. Too many to count! I really need a ripper tooth, and I did find a fabricator (I believe on here) that makes ripper teeth for my BH, but wants $1000 for it!! Yikes!
If anyone knows of someone else....?
Or I gotta make my own.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,857  
Or I gotta make my own.

I didn't even know what a ripper tooth was, but after a google search upon seeing your post I see the value in this. I found this video, seems easy enough for a homemade project that just needs to meet farmer DIY quality, I'm going to be looking at doing something similar myself.

I think for me I'm going to try something else out first after getting the idea from your post, I think I could do without needing the ripper tooth, if I just add some type of smaller teeth edging on my bucket to allow me some sawing power, similar to what a stump bucket for a FEL looks like. My roots aren't large or deep, but I think something like that could help. I wonder has anyone tried that, or should I just skip that and also get a ripper tooth? Curious to know what yall have done that have backhoe often used for stump removal.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,858  
Or I gotta make my own.
That's definitely a good practice project, now that you have the welder. And would make for a good series of videos. 👍

In case you don't trust your welds yet, just add more gussets and more welds. 😅

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,859  
Oh, I trust my welds! I've been welding for years! ;)

And you're absolutely right, about making my own, the videos, and a fun project. Its just going to be the time put into it that I'm short on. I'm willing to pay someone to make it for me, type of thing, and spend my time on other projects or with my family. But, if I cannot find one, reasonably priced, then I'll have to make one. I'm currently waiting on a quote from the steel store to laser cut a 1" thick ripper shank out of Hardox 450. 😁

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,860  
Oh, I trust my welds! I've been welding for years! ;)

And you're absolutely right, about making my own, the videos, and a fun project. Its just going to be the time put into it that I'm short on. I'm willing to pay someone to make it for me, type of thing, and spend my time on other projects or with my family. But, if I cannot find one, reasonably priced, then I'll have to make one. I'm currently waiting on a quote from the steel store to laser cut a 1" thick ripper shank out of Hardox 450. 😁
One thought is you could look to buy something like this, then work to make it fit on your backhoe, basically you buy the tooth/ripper part, modify it to fit on your backhoe. I'd guess that would be too small so you'd have to either torch off the top bit, or just keep it and build it out so it's wide enough to fit what you need.

This might be cheap enough I'm thinking about doing just that. I found an even cheaper looking version on eBay, might be willing to try that and see how it holds up.

Should save lots of time fabricating the curvy part and just work on making it fit to your machine.

Capture.PNG