What did I find on the farm?

/ What did I find on the farm? #12  
You guys are all wrong, it’s a sickle bar mower guard. 😁

Last edited:
   / What did I find on the farm? #13  
HD - it was already ID as a sickle bar mower guard post # 4 by TurfCare - and as soon as I saw it I knew what it was.

Anyone who replaced knives and rivets on a sickle bar mower knows how much fun it is to pull the 7-8' knife section then grind and pound in new rivets and new blades!

/ What did I find on the farm? #14  
HD - it was already ID as a sickle bar mower guard post # 4 by TurfCare - and as soon as I saw it I knew what it was.

Anyone who replaced knives and rivets on a sickle bar mower knows how much fun it is to pull the 7-8' knife section then grind and pound in new rivets and new blades!
I know, I was trying to be funny. ;)

/ What did I find on the farm? #15  
This needs to be a continued thread.

Who else has found something on their farm? Please share
Not to hijack the OP's thread, but I've wondered what these are for a while. There are quite a few in my father's barn of various sizes from about 1-4 inches, but he isn't around anymore to tell me what they are.
They make great choker chain ends for small logs. 20240225_210824.jpg

/ What did I find on the farm? #16  
nose ring for a bull lol

/ What did I find on the farm? #17  
Not to hijack the OP's thread, but I've wondered what these are for a while. There are quite a few in my father's barn of various sizes from about 1-4 inches, but he isn't around anymore to tell me what they are.
They make great choker chain ends for small logs.View attachment 854291
I think that is basically what it is used for. I think the full part is used for attaching choker chains to a wire cable, though you might be missing a few parts. I have seen just the end bit used as a choker.
1708923889624.png

All the best,

Peter

/ What did I find on the farm? #18  
I think that is basically what it is used for. I think the full part is used for attaching choker chains to a wire cable, though you might be missing a few parts. I have seen just the end bit used as a choker.
View attachment 854302

All the best,

Peter
They are way too small for that though, and there are quite a few down there which are even smaller.
They might be something left over from my ancestors shoe making days.

/ What did I find on the farm?
This needs to be a continued thread.

Who else has found something on their farm? Please share.

I’m sure lots of people have found interesting things that theh couldn’t identify, especially if it had been an established farm before they got there.

/ What did I find on the farm?
They make great choker chain ends for small logs.View attachment 854291
What did they use the barn for? you mentioned shoe making, was that a separate business location?