What are you guys paying for twine this year?

/ What are you guys paying for twine this year? #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I did not have to buy twine last year as I bought plenty at the end of 2006 when it was reduced for the end of season. However, my supply is running out and I am going to have to start looking for twine again. So what are you guys paying for 9600 Sisal and 7200 Sisal around your parts of the US?

/ What are you guys paying for twine this year? #2  
Robert_in_NY said:
I did not have to buy twine last year as I bought plenty at the end of 2006 when it was reduced for the end of season. However, my supply is running out and I am going to have to start looking for twine again. So what are you guys paying for 9600 Sisal and 7200 Sisal around your parts of the US?

Robert, my bad. I totally forgot to ask the guys this morning. I had to go to the local Massey dealer to pick up some shear bolts and I stood right there and stared at cases of twine and didn't even think to ask what they are selling for down here. I have to go back this weekend so I will ask them for point of reference.

/ What are you guys paying for twine this year?
It is not a big deal. I was only curious so don't go out of your way to find out. Thanks though

/ What are you guys paying for twine this year? #4  
Still living off of a pallet load I bought 3 seasons ago! Not even 1/3rd of the way through that yet.

I wish my dealer had more in 2006 but I bought all they had left at the end of the year when it was still cheap. But I do not have enough to get thru this year. Hopefully my Case-IH dealer will have a special on it during their open house Friday.

If you want to sell any of your pallet..... :)

/ What are you guys paying for twine this year? #6  
Robert_in_NY said:
I wish my dealer had more in 2006 but I bought all they had left at the end of the year when it was still cheap. But I do not have enough to get thru this year. Hopefully my Case-IH dealer will have a special on it during their open house Friday.

If you want to sell any of your pallet..... :)

I'll sell THE PALLET.... But not the cargo;)

Farmwithjunk said:
I'll sell THE PALLET.... But not the cargo;)

Will you deliver the pallet for free:D

/ What are you guys paying for twine this year? #8  
Robert_in_NY said:
Will you deliver the pallet for free:D

I'll deliver it free to anywhere in a 50' radius of my shop. Additional milage @ $3.00 per

Farmwithjunk said:
I'll deliver it free to anywhere in a 50' radius of my shop. Additional milage @ $3.00 per

Well, thanks but I'll have to pass. If you would have said $2.75 per mile then we would have had a deal:)

/ What are you guys paying for twine this year? #10  
NH dealer: $32 for sisal, dont stock poly
coop: $30 sisal, $41 and change for poly
The above prices are for dbl balls of 9000 twine.

BTW never heard of 9600, is that for round bales? Around here the 9000 is most popular for small squares.