Buying Advice What are my options?

/ What are my options? #11  
No matter the outcome with the local dealer I would not step foot on his lot except to show him how nice the machine I purchased from someone else looked on its way home.

Since the local dealership wants to take his time to send e-mails trying to enlighten you on his misguided definition of ethics, maybe you should take the time to explain how the laws of "Supply and Demand" works and why he should understand it before he goes spouting off at the mouth. Then you could explain how his rude unethical e-mail combined with the law of supply and demand allowed you to buy your tractor from an other dealership for less and alienated himself from even getting future sales of normal maintenance items such as filters or the possibility of attachments that you plan to buy in the future.

/ What are my options? #12  
Ed of all Trades hit the nail on the head. A good dealer is worth the extra distance. Buy your brand choice at a dealer that treats you right.

/ What are my options? #13  
Let me start by saying i have had a Kioti LB1914 for the past 13 years and it has been a great tractor, never had any issues what so ever. When i bought it i got it from out of state because there where no dealers close. So after 13 years i decided it was time for an upgrade and went to my now local dealer about 35min. away to look at a CK2510. After getting there prices i did like anyone else would do and got pricing from other dealers in the state and out of state no more than 1 1/2 hrs away. A dealer from out of state a little over an hour away had one and he was around $1000.00 cheaper for tractor loader and finish mower than my local guy. So i decided to give my local dealer a chance to match the out of state price, that's where my problems started. Haltom's equipment (local dealer) in Mooresville Indiana sent me back an e-mail telling me how unethical it was for me to buy out of state and not local. They also told me that if i bought if out of state and needed warranty work done not to bring it there they would not do it. What is the use of buying something if your local factory authorized dealer refuses to work on your stuff. Needless to say i am now turned off to Kioti completely and will not buy another one. This is upsetting because i believe they make a great product for the money. So i am looking for other suggestions for a tractor comparable to the CK2510.
Do you still have access to the 1914?

/ What are my options? #14  
Have you checked out or sat in the seat??? Excellent tractor

willy

/ What are my options? #16  
It would be wise to shop for a dealer and not a tractor.
How I always play and I never deviate from that.

One, I would never buy from a non local dealer, brand not important.

Two: Every dealer is an independent business person so as far as warranty repairs or service that needs to be performed in shop, it's entirely up to his discretion if he takes care of you or if he tells you to kiss off. That applies to all dealers except maybe the John Deere factory dealerships.

I took me years to develop the relationship I have with my Kubota dealer, they always take care of any issues I may have but then I only purchase ALL my tractors and related implements from them, plus I now work there part time delivering units for them so it sort of played out favorably for me plus I get employee discount on parts and a large break on any service I have done in the shop, like valve adjustments for instance. Not that Kubota OEM parts are cheap to begin with, cause they aren't.

I get to fiddle around with and drive new Kubota's all the time as a side benefit but I still prefer my getting ancient M9's anyway.