What about a MM mower for my BX2660

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #1  

wawajake

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 , Kubota RTV X1100C
I have a 2008 BX2660 that I have bought various implements for thru the years, (se my signature) but now with my 1994 Husky lawn tractor on its last legs I am considering buying a mid mount mower for under my BX2660 instead of another lawn tractor.

My concerns are
1) that I have installed 2 inch rear wheel spacers and I am not so sure if a mower will still fit.
2) My lawn cutting will involve about two acres every ten days maybe....and I prefer to keep my industrial tractor tread instead of turf tires.
3) What roughly is cost of a mower and do you figure that a new model mower will fit a 2008 or will I need dealer to search the inventory of dealers to find one?
4) I do not have tight areas to cut, most is wide open so plan on keeping implements on rear (eg wood chipper) while I cut lawn , maybe even the FEL.............

any thoughts??

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #2  
My guesses.....
1. The current 60" MMM would probably fit even with your wheel spacers on. Cost of a new one about $2500
2. You can leave the FEL and 3 pt attachments on but it would really hamper mowing
3. The industrial tires (R4) would work okay.

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #3  
your local dealer is the best choice for local prices. its better to pick up and call him and explain you have spacers and want to test fit before buying. I heard of other BX owners using r4's mowing just but except on wet grass that tends to rip on turns. I am sure you will find a way around it once you see how it works. I would think that having a 3pt implement would be a pain mowing once you try it and will prefer to take the time to remove it for easier mowing and be easier on the lawn. I have mowed with tiller on the back before and I find I rather take it off before starting to mow. With the HF QH, its a snap to take off so i dont dive it a second thought. I leave my QH on all the time though except when using BH.

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #4  
We mow with a BX2660 with 2" spacers, Industrial tires and wheel weights. We have mowed with the FEL, but it's so easy to remove/replace we just take it off/on as needed.

You can lock the MMM in the TOP position and operated the 3PH independently, but you can't "easily" keep the 3PH raised and use MMM independently.

I don't know the cost.

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #5  
Does the rear 540 PTO also run when the mid PTO is on? On my Branson it does but don't remember how the BX works.

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #6  
You can run the MM PTO and rear at the same time or separately.

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #7  
Could you live with a rear finish mower, rather than a mid-mount?

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660
Interesting question Baby Grand.............I bought a 48 inch Bush hog last year for some rougher cutting fields I have and also tried it once on the two lawns I have, and that mowing from behind worked okay with the length of tractor and implement......... but I figure finish mower would be too expensive compared to a MM or a seperate lawn tractor.............but I could be wrong.....will research.

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660 #9  
I run my 60" MMM with Bro-Tek spacers on the rear of my 2660. They advise you cannot use a 54" MMM.

The only way to leave an implement on the rear and not have it drop to ground level when mowing would be to chain or strap it to the ROPS- and that will raise your center of gravity.

The Kubota MMM runs off the front (mid) PTO.

/ What about a MM mower for my BX2660
Thanks SeymourBota.............those are the same spacers I have, so it would have to be 60" MMM then for me too...and I hate taking my implements off, so that and the 60" MMM price might of made my decision to get another lawn tractor instead, ( besides that way I can delegate the lawn cutting to wife or children :)