What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ?

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #1  

Cycledude

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
I have been reading about lots of low hour (200-300 hours) LS tractors Just curious what is the highest hours LS tractor out there ?

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #2  
Not mine, only 332.7hrs in year and a half.

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #3  
I'm @ 1K hrs for 10 yrs of use. Still sporting the original battery, too. Go figure?

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #4  
I have a 2004 LG N47 (cab version), with 1578 hours. LG has since been renamed LS.

It's a 47hp Mitsubishi normally aspirated diesel, with creeper gear, and a 3 speed PTO gearbox. Magnificent little tractor, and I upgraded to a Kioti 76hp principally to better handle the 6 ft slasher and 400 litre air-blast sprayer.

I cannot fault it. Beautifully built, excellent fit and finish, and quiet operation.

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #5  
I have a 2014 XR 4046 with slightly over 1200 hrs.

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ?
Well congratulations so far LGvaltra has replied with the highest hours LS tractor at 1578 hours !
I am surprised there have not been some much higher numbers posted, I was expecting to see a bunch with well over 4,000 hours. So far only 28 hours on my new XR 4155. The 2002 Honda Goldwing that I bought brandnew now has 561,000 miles, the engine is still original and runs like new but it does use some oil.

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #7  
I believe that many LS owners, especially the owners that have had LS tractors for long periods of time, are not on here... least not active. I asked my dealer this question when I was doing research on LS machines. He is a dealership with many different brands. He said that the first LS Tractor he sold was back in 2013 when he became a dealer, and he has no idea. Now, LS has been around a lot longer than he has been an LS dealer, but say an owner puts 150hrs a year (that about what I do. I consider myself a 'light user' even though I am out on it as much as I can be) thats only 1050hrs. Some might be more, many are likely less.

LS tractors have been around a while now. But not nearly as long as Kubota, JD, etc. They are not heavily used machines... what am I trying to say here?... if a person, say a farmer, who buys an LS a few years ago, puts 2000hrs (40hr work week) a year on their tractor, I do not believe they have time to come on here to say how many hours they have on their tractor. Though I cannot speak for everyone. Maybe that farmer does have time, is on here, but only bought his LS for light utility work around the shop while his large JD pulls implements though the fields. I really dont know. I can only share what I do.

Another factor to consider is trade in. I know, for a fact, that the resale value of my tractor is garbage compared to a Kubota or JD. That said, whats to prevent me from trading in this XR for the new MT3? Get something out of it while I can for an upgrade? I'd start all over on the hour meter too. (I'm not going to do this though)

I'll let you know when I hit a 1K hours. Its going to be a while though. :thumbsup:

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #8  
I bought my 2013 R4041H new in 2013, it has 560 hrs. On it now. Been trouble free.

Haven't used it much lately, no snow to plow!

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #9  
I've seen a couple LS tractors so sale here in my country with over 2500 hours.

All looking pretty much new, just a few marks of use, like cracked lights, somewhat faded paint, since most tractors here are used on farming for a living.

Currently there is a LS R50, one of the early ones right after they turned from LG to LS, with 1900 hours. Again, just faded paint for the most part.

Obviously I don't know any of the story behind these tractors as I haven't seen any of those in person, just on the ads.

/ What痴 the highest hours LS tractor ? #10  
One thing I've noticed here is that the LS users that post (as well as owners of many other second tier brands) are more home or small property owners using them for routine maintenance. Mowing, snow removal, driveway work, timber or brush work, etc. I don't recall seeing anybody here doing production work on any scale such as hay or crops. Anybody doing those things here seem to have first tier brands even though LS and many other brands make 80+ HP units.

I've got 325 hours on in two years and it seems sub 200 hours/year is pretty typical.