WG24 stump grinder

/ WG24 stump grinder #11  
expect the grinder frame to get pretty turbulent at times.

/ WG24 stump grinder
OK pretty much finished up. Loosened clutch springs to slip the plate. Just need to check/adjust slip clutch spring height with some calipers.

Snapped some pics before going in to cool off.

All assembled, Pat's installed, driveline in place..
PXL_20231004_182729622[1].jpg

Magnet mount camera on PTO output shield.

PXL_20231004_182718861[1].jpg

What it sees (mirror view). That can be flipped to normal with a button press.

PXL_20231004_18262845600[1].jpg

Where the screen will probably live while grinding. Not making a permanent mount, will remove camera & display when not in use. Both tractors have the same style 12v connectors fitted.

PXL_20231004_183120711[1].jpg

/ WG24 stump grinder #13  
I just sold one of these. One thing I found was that despite torquing the cutter nuts to spec they loosen up quickly so watch them.
I suspect the lock nuts are not doing the job.

/ WG24 stump grinder #14  
I've never had one come loose, but I had to replace 6 or so of them. going below grade, dirt is super abrasive.

20230324_151342.jpg

/ WG24 stump grinder #15  
I never torque my Green Teeth on my Landpride, I just run them down with my battery powered impact and call it good.

/ WG24 stump grinder #17  
I've never had one come loose, but I had to replace 6 or so of them. going below grade, dirt is super abrasive.

20230324_151342.jpg
One reason why I bought the Landpride is because it uses the accepted industry standard Green Teeth as well as Green Manufacturing tooth mounts.

If you buy a stump cutter with proprietary teeth, you are married to the manufacturer and his whims on what he wants to charge for them plus the Wearsharp Greenteeth are easily resharpened and they index to 3 different positions so it one edge gets chipped or buggered, you just rotate the tooth third of a turn and viola, you have a sharp edge.

The Greenteeth mounting bolts are nylon patched as well and are A325 grade.

Of course an added benefit for me is Green Manufacturing is 15 miles from here and I can go to the factory and buy direct and they will regind them for a fee, but I do them myself in the shop with a diamond wheel.

/ WG24 stump grinder #18  
You must have rocky soil. I always go at least 8" below grade but here it's all sandy loam.

They are fun to run regardless.

/ WG24 stump grinder #19  
Greenteeth would be ideal, but there are several aftermarket tooth suppliers available for the WG24 as well.

/ WG24 stump grinder #20  
My Landpride, which is basically an Erskine moves around as well even though it weighs 500 pounds so what I did, was a fabbed up a set of weight brackets, welded them to the main frame and I put 200 pounds of suitcase weights on each side of the grinder. That goes a long way towards keeping it planted. My dealer had 4 Kubota 100 pound suitcase weights out back (used) that I 'borrowed'.