Westendorf Fixed V Snow Plow

/ Westendorf Fixed V Snow Plow #1  

Katahdin

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420
Is anybody running Westendorf V snow plows? I love the look of a fixed V-snow plow. I'm thinking one would come in handy for our heavy wet snows when snow blowing or pushing with a straight blade is no fun.

I like the cutting blade on the front to break up a crust and deflect it to the side. I'm a little worried about it ripping up gravel, no blade float just loader float, but I suppose I could add a pipe edge like my 7.5 foot straight blade.

They have 6 foot and 8 foot wide models. They sell it with adapters to various loaders and 3 point hitch. Prices start around $1500, which seem affordable when compared to new hydraulic blades.

VPlow.jpg

/ Westendorf Fixed V Snow Plow #2  
Then what do you do with the blade for the 2nd pass?
Are you saying your straight blade doesn’t angle?

/ Westendorf Fixed V Snow Plow
Then what do you do with the blade for the 2nd pass?
Are you saying your straight blade doesn’t angle?

You would use half of the V blade to windrow. My straight blade is hydraulic, in heavy wet snow at an angle the front end can get pushed to a side and the blade will sometimes fully trip. I think this V-blade would overcome those issues. Note, I don't see this replacing my straight blade, its just an extra attachment to have for the right conditions and/or a backup.

/ Westendorf Fixed V Snow Plow #4  
If you have steering brakes on the tractor, their use will greatly help with the front pushing.

/ Westendorf Fixed V Snow Plow #5  
... My straight blade is hydraulic, in heavy wet snow at an angle the front end can get pushed to a side and the blade will sometimes fully trip....
Can u pin the straight blade solid? I ordered a snow blade that has holes to pin it so the trip feature (springs) does not work. Yes, then, of course u have no protection against getting the blade stuck. BUT, if one is careful, is the trip really needed? The loader should take it - when digging with a bucket, more force is put on the loader. It seems to only be a question of twisting the blade itself. But if one is slow and careful......

/ Westendorf Fixed V Snow Plow #6  
Hey for $1500 it's pretty cool👍
Even if you just bust the middle open and then put your angle blade on to finish up... is there a dealer here in ME?
Edit; I just re read your post-get one with a 3pt for the back and keep your angle on the front. You'll be the king of the neighborhood 😆