Westendorf BC3000 install on LA403 loader arm issues

/ Westendorf BC3000 install on LA403 loader arm issues #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
This is a very specific problem so I won't try to explain it. I will contact Westendorf tomorrow if I hear nothing back here.

Has anyone installed the Westendorf Brush Crusher BC3000 on the LA403 loader (my tractor is a B3030)? There clearly looks like a problem and I want to see how someone handled the problem.

/ Westendorf BC3000 install on LA403 loader arm issues #2  
This is a very specific problem so I won't try to explain it. I will contact Westendorf tomorrow if I hear nothing back here.

Has anyone installed the Westendorf Brush Crusher BC3000 on the LA403 loader (my tractor is a B3030)? There clearly looks like a problem and I want to see how someone handled the problem.
Pretty zippy music on their videos! From what I can see it appears to operate as if you had no bucket on as they are not connected. Not having a Q/A, when you cycle your curl cylinders they act independently, one going before the other. Is this what you are referring to? They advertise independent action but is this with control of which side you want?
Just watched BC002 video and this shows what I am talking about.

/ Westendorf BC3000 install on LA403 loader arm issues
I can't install the claws because the 4 stop blocks (which control the bucket from over rotating) on the loader arms interfer with the installation of the claws (i.e., a specific LA403 loader issue).

/ Westendorf BC3000 install on LA403 loader arm issues #4  
I can't install the claws because the 4 stop blocks (which control the bucket from over rotating) on the loader arms interfer with the installation of the claws (i.e., a specific LA403 loader issue).
I have the LA402 loader and have no stops what so ever. Would you be able to post some pics, I started a thread on this but it did not go far. I plan on adding them in the future. You have to take off your Q/A plate to mount those claws don't you.

Last edited:
I have the LA402 loader and have no stops what so ever. Would you be able to post some pics, I started a thread on this but it did not go far. I plan on adding them in the future. You have to take off your Q/A plate to mount those claws don't you.

Kubota_LA_403_loader_with_BC_3000.jpg

You can see the two stop blocks which are creating the problem. The yellow piece is the BC3000. I stopped by the Kubota dealer to see if they had any experience with installing the BC3000 on a B3030 with the LA 403 loader and they did and what they did was saw off part of the stops on the loader arms which is what I figured the solution would be. The stops are much bigger than needed.

I also got a call from an engineer at Westendorf and he proposed the same solution. Unfortunately cutting the 4 stop blocks down isn't going to be fun.

I managed to cut and grind enough off of the loader arm stop blocks to install the claws. I will take a picture and post it tomorrow. It was a bit of a hassle to do, and we will see if it is worth it.

I probably have a few hundred trees to process in one way or another (e.g., cut down to build my pole building, purchased 100" sticks for firewood and many dead trees that are down or need to be cut down and put on a pile to finish rotting).

Below are a couple of images of the Brush Crusher installed. I spent an hour or so moving trees and branches and I can tell it is going to be very useful: :thumbsup:

B3030_with_Westendorf_BC3000A.jpg

B3030_with_Westendorf_BC3000.jpg

/ Westendorf BC3000 install on LA403 loader arm issues #8  
Have you used it much? How do you like it? Is it worth the time and money? Thanks, John...