Went Deere hunting today

/ Went Deere hunting today #1  

om21braz

Veteran Member
Well, after giving Kubota the inside track I went just to check out the Deere machines today. Went to my local dealer and he had 2 - 4310's (eHydro & ePowrReverser). Got an excellent run down of each tractor top to bottom. Tried each out in a small field beside the dealership. Personally I felt each had it's advantages - no loader on machine so I could'nt get a feel on that.
I have to admit as I already have one orange machine I was biased - but the Deere's are super nice machines. It seems the 4310 is a nice size that Kubota does'nt have a good match for really - kinda in between the B7800 and L3130 Kubota's. The manager showed me what he thought were some of the important differences between the green and orange machines. He noted that at the annual Deere dealer meetings they are required to try out the latest Kubotas' and give their opinion - Deere folks here you can note if that is accurate or not. He did not knock Kubota at all - just pointed out things in his opinion that he preferred on the Deere.
After the drive and discussion of each machine he gave me a price for each that was better than I expected (1) 4310 MFWD w/power reverser, dual SCV, R4's - $14350 - eHydro w/ same equip. was $1000 more - add $3100 for 430 loader installed. I noted that was pretty decent pricing, thanked him for his time and left (with a grin). Looks like green is now in a dead heat with orange. Oh well, I really was'nt going to buy until August/September - but I'd hate to loose out on the free money (put about 30% down - finance remainder @ 0%). May have to push that date up a little as soon as I decide which color !

Any advice folks ? Any possible rebates on Deere this fall to make difference worth probably loosing the 0% financing ? Thanks for any advice in advance and for the tons of free advice I've already gotten !

/ Went Deere hunting today #2  
If you wait until August the gamble is whether the JD 0% financing will be extended. It has "expired" before only to be renewed for another period.

You can also join the Experimental Aircraft Association (www.eaa.org) for $40 and get a $250 discount on the purchase of a 4x10 series tractor. JD has been a huge supporter of the EAA for many years and recently started this discount program.

Jeff