Well, I didn't like that wagon very much anyway

/ Well, I didn't like that wagon very much anyway #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
The winds from the storm yesterday morning took care of this wagon.

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.JPG
    002 - Copy.JPG
    917.6 KB · Views: 582
   / Well, I didn't like that wagon very much anyway #2  
Well on the bright side, the rack is all cleared off and ready for the rebuild.;) Must have been quite a storm, did you get much other damage?

/ Well, I didn't like that wagon very much anyway
A few broken fence poles so far. Tonight appears to be another night of wind so who knows what will happen.

This wagon was getting to the point of a complete rebuild anyway. I have all the material to build it out of steel but right now I am not in any position to start building a steel hay rack. I also don't want to spend $3k+ for another rack from a dealer so maybe the insurance will pay a decent share so it won't cost as much to replace and I can build my own some other time when I find a good deal on another gear. I am still kicking myself for passing a deal on to my neighbor. He told me he wanted a running gear to build a hay rack, I found one from another friend. It was an Allis Chalmers gear but I needed to put one of my tires on to bring it to my neighbor. My friend only wanted $25 for the gear and I don't think I ever charged my neighbor. Now I need a gear myself ( a couple actually). Oh well, he is a good guy and needed a break.

The best part about this wagon is my father drove by it twice yesterday and never noticed it. I most likely would have walked past it also but my daughter spotted it instantly:rolleyes:

/ Well, I didn't like that wagon very much anyway #4  
Robert_in_NY said:
The winds from the storm yesterday morning took care of this wagon.

Sorry about your wagon. Looks like it really blew out your way.

Here in the North Valley we had a lot of wind (50-60 mph gusts) last Friday/Sat. Power outage lasted 52 hours while PG&E did its thing. Lost a few limbs from my almond trees and about two dozen ridge shingles from the house. Had nice weather Monday so I was up on the roof replacing those shingles. Used hot dipped galvanized nails with plastic buttons instead of those dang wire staples that the installer likes.

flusher said:
Sorry about your wagon. Looks like it really blew out your way.

Here in the North Valley we had a lot of wind (50-60 mph gusts) last Friday/Sat. Power outage lasted 52 hours while PG&E did its thing. Lost a few limbs from my almond trees and about two dozen ridge shingles from the house. Had nice weather Monday so I was up on the roof replacing those shingles. Used hot dipped galvanized nails with plastic buttons instead of those dang wire staples that the installer likes.

I have only seen manufactured homes use staples on shingles so far. Everyone else here uses coil roofing nailers but we find jobs where they still screw the job up.

We had two record warm days. Monday was 60, Tuesday was 66. Now its hanging in the high 40's/low 50's. The wind came in after the 66 degree day to punish us. But it was nice walking this week except for the high winds the last couple days.

I have not been able to go to the back apple orchard for almost 3 months now so I do not know what it will look like come spring now.

/ Well, I didn't like that wagon very much anyway #6  
Robert_in_NY said:
I have only seen manufactured homes use staples on shingles so far. Everyone else here uses coil roofing nailers but we find jobs where they still screw the job up.

We had two record warm days. Monday was 60, Tuesday was 66. Now its hanging in the high 40's/low 50's. The wind came in after the 66 degree day to punish us. But it was nice walking this week except for the high winds the last couple days.

I have not been able to go to the back apple orchard for almost 3 months now so I do not know what it will look like come spring now.

Don't have any problem with shingle staples as long as they're installed properly. BTW: the recent heavy weather came up from the SE. The house is oriented NW to SE so the side of the roof with the wireless Internet antenna took the hit. Unfortunately the ridge shingles where lapped such that a wind from the SE would get under them.

My house has a 5:12 roof so the two modules had to be shipped with the top 4-ft of the roof disassembled to get under the I-5 overpasses between Portland and my place. The installers finished the roof on-site and did the crappy shingle nailing job.

DSCF0130Medium.jpg

The three dormers are architectural (i.e.fake) and were site-built. I've lost a few ridge shingles from these during previous bouts of bad weather. I've gotten up close and personal with my roof as a result.

So far I haven't lost any full size shingles (keeping fingers crossed).

When we first started looking at getting a roofing nailer we thought all they had were stapplers because that is all we found on the manufactured homes. But when we looked for one no one sold them around here.

It takes a lot to mess up the install on shingles regardless of staples or nails. Ridge cap shingles can be hard to install if you are going over a ridge vent like Cobra Vent. You need to be gentle with these types of jobs and some people just want to home and the ridge cap is the last step to going home:rolleyes:

/ Well, I didn't like that wagon very much anyway #8  
Robert,

If you don't have the time, I'm sure your local Tractor Dealer would love to put a brand new engine in that trailer for you!!!!! Probably only cost you twice invoice too.

Eddie

EddieWalker said:
Robert,

If you don't have the time, I'm sure your local Tractor Dealer would love to put a brand new engine in that trailer for you!!!!! Probably only cost you twice invoice too.

Eddie

Now thats not funny:mad:

I bought my last rack from them though and was $3300 for just the 9x18 rack. I was in a good mood till you brought that up:( On the bright side I should be getting a decent tax return and hopefully a couple more insurance checks by the time the tax return comes in. It would be nice to walk in there with $9k cash (all in $1 bills:p ) and put it on the table as a take it or talk to my lawyer type of deal. I wonder how many singles will fit in a brief case?