Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #41  
Thanks....have been dealing with a DPF since 2009 on my duramax.....I don't know why I haven't cut that thing off yet...I really should...my truck is out there idling right now and DPF's hate that....but that was one of the criteria in my search was no DPF.....Then I found this 2013 with 320 hours....and I think I saved quite a bit over new......but it was kept outside int he sun and has some faded paint a little on the roof....I buffed and waxed it and it really shines but it still has different colors of orange......when I finally get it covered in dust and dirt it will all be good....

I sure hope my itch is finally scratched with this thing....been wanting one for a long time.

No need for concern, I traded a really nice L5030HSTC for a new L5740HSTC to avoid buying an L60 or successor and glad I did. We have an M8540HDC on another farm four miles and several tractors six miles away. I've only brought the 8540 here twice and that was because it was a two tractor job. Love the M8540, but never felt the L5740 was not enough tractor on this farm.

Attachments

• DSCN0566.jpg
    DSCN0566.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
   / Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740
So I have been "loving" on this tractor some here at the house before she goes and lives at the farm permanently.....

Can ya'll tell the before and after pic of the polish? I am sorry but you absolutely have to click on the picture to get it to turn right.

Before
2018-02-27 17.23.15.jpg

After
2018-02-27 17.24.19.jpg

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #43  
Mine fades after 3 days of polishing in the shop. The paint is poor on these machines and gets worse if left outdoors which mine never does.

If you want to keep it shiny you'll get tennis elbow unless you buy a buffer.:eek:ptimist:

Regards

Mine fades after 3 days of polishing in the shop. The paint is poor on these machines and gets worse if left outdoors which mine never does.

If you want to keep it shiny you'll get tennis elbow unless you buy a buffer.:eek:ptimist:

Regards

Agree....that green paint on my grasshopper....although it lives inside I have seen several that live outside and I think it could live in the dessert full time and not fade....wonder if it is just the color or the actual paint.

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #45  
For some reason, lucj I guess, my 5740 has not faded significantly since my brother waxed it a couple of years ago. It was pretty dull before he polished it though, don't know what he used. It stays inside when not in use. Same with my 2003 L5030, but I've seen quite a few pink tractors at a local dealer with slow turnover of stock.

For some reason, lucj I guess, my 5740 has not faded significantly since my brother waxed it a couple of years ago. It was pretty dull before he polished it though, don't know what he used. It stays inside when not in use. Same with my 2003 L5030, but I've seen quite a few pink tractors at a local dealer with slow turnover of stock.

I bought this used....so I don't think the previous owner ever did anything to it. But as you can see in the photos it slicked up really really nice....It is a 2013 with 320 hours on it....it slicked up and is more shiny than my 2017 BX 23s sitting right next to it with 28 hours.

They are both sitting inside in my conditioned garage with their same clothes on.....won't be long before the big one gets dirty. It hasn't worked any. The little one got to work a little yesterday by hauling off the shaving of a big ol stump I grinder down with my DR Stump Grinder.

2018-03-05 20.37.20.jpg

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #47  
Yeah it sure did clean up nice. I was surprised mine did so well. I grew up farming and washing, waxing was a foreign concept, but I am sure giving that a second thought.