Welding gas = OFF (shop tip)

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #1  

Sodo

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-series & Mini Excavator
Here's a shop tip.

Put a piece of blue tape on the valve knob. Inline with the regulator signifies that the gas valve is CLOSED. That way I can glance from afar and KNOW That I closed it. When you open it, leave it in a different position (other than the "closed" position).

557199d1528176793-welding-gas-off-shop-tip-gas_cyl_off-jpg

If you back-seat, with some luck the closed position and the open (back-seated) positions are different for your cylinder.

Attachments

• gas_cyl_off.jpg
    gas_cyl_off.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 271
  • gas_cyl_off.jpg
    gas_cyl_off.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 723
   / Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #2  
My idea is simpler: I hang my helmet from the valve. When I take the helmet off the knob, I turn the gas on. When I put my helmet back, I turn the gas off. Done.

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip)
Good plan. Not the simplest though. The simplest is to just “be younger” and have a better memory.

Note if you ever get a TIG...... you have to buy a 2nd helmet..... :D

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #4  
Good plan. Not the simplest though. The simplest is to just 貔アe younger and have a better memory.

I resent that remark! My memory is very good, it痴 just SHORT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip)
I resent that remark! My memory is very good, itç—´ just SHORT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tell that to my wife. :thumbsup:

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #6  
Note if you ever get a TIG...... you have to buy a 2nd helmet..... :D

Why do you say and/or think that?

My helmet works great for all processes. It is sensitive enough to auto trigger for TIG even at the lowest of amp settings (20 amps) and dark enough for the highest amp SMAW (300amp) welding that I do. I have heard some folks complain that their helmets are not sensitive enough to trigger on low amp TIG but mine does just fine. Even my older helmet was good for all processes.

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #7  
I usually hang my helmet on the.........what are we talking about again?

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #8  
I would do it opposite this, as for most valves, when the indicator is inline, the valve is open.

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #9  
Why do you say and/or think that?

My helmet works great for all processes. It is sensitive enough to auto trigger for TIG even at the lowest of amp settings (20 amps) and dark enough for the highest amp SMAW (300amp) welding that I do. I have heard some folks complain that their helmets are not sensitive enough to trigger on low amp TIG but mine does just fine. Even my older helmet was good for all processes.

I think you missed the point. Helmet on the valve signals it is closed. Helmet not there is open. Need a helmet for each tank?

I learned the hard way on shutting the valve after I replaced my dual dial meter with a flow meter and forgot to close the valve. Lost almost a half a tall tank of C25.

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #10  
I think you missed the point. Helmet on the valve signals it is closed. Helmet not there is open. Need a helmet for each tank?

I learned the hard way on shutting the valve after I replaced my dual dial meter with a flow meter and forgot to close the valve. Lost almost a half a tall tank of C25.

OK got it now.:thumbsup: It was not clear to me what the intent was.:confused2:

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2006 Volvo EC210BLR Long Reach Hydraulic Excavator (A33249)
2006 Volvo...
SEARS 1HP AIR COMPRESSOR... (A34808)
SEARS 1HP AIR...
New MIVA Excavator Auger (A34302)
New MIVA Excavator...
NEW 84IN. FORK EXTENSION SKID STEER ATTACHMENT (A34907)
NEW 84IN. FORK...
New Landhonor 6' Landscape Rake (A34302)
New Landhonor 6'...
Sany 24" Bucket for Excavator SY75/SY80/SY95 and Backhoe SLB95 (A33113)
Sany 24" Bucket...