Welding Expo.

/ Welding Expo. #1  

MF1455v

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF 1455v
Miller is having a welding expo at there Dallas Tx. Distribution & Training Center this week. Has anyone ever gone to one of these expo's and are they very informative?

Here is the link if anyone is interested. Welding Expo

/ Welding Expo. #2  
It's only a one manufacturer show, so it's a bit limited, but I always try to go to those sorts of things when they're close. You should come back with some ideas and a weldor's cap.

/ Welding Expo.
Went to the expo on Wednesday 10/13. Thought I would give some feedback on my trip.

Walked in and got a bag of goodies including a T-shirt. Started in looking and talking with exibitors. Smith cutting torches had show specials going. These specials were impressive.

Moved on the welding demos. There were 8 different welding booths inside with different types, sizes and flavors of welders, all which you could test drive. Got my first experience at TIG'ing Aluminum. That sure was fun, but I need a lot more practice.

Outside they had about 10 different engine powered models set up.

To complete the experience they had a BB lunch and giving free pictures with the Miller Bike from Orange County Choppers.

I had several questions about welding in general (being a novice welder) and got more information than I could process in one day.

I would recommend going if you are interested in welding and have a chance to go. It was a very valuable learning experience.