Welcome to the NEW AGCO/Challenger Forum!

/ Welcome to the NEW AGCO/Challenger Forum! #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Hey we now have a new forum for any of you with Challenger or Agco brand tractors.
It was an idea I had and Muhammad was good enough to to make it happen.

/ Welcome to the NEW AGCO/Challenger Forum!
   / Welcome to the NEW AGCO/Challenger Forum! #4  
Well I hope this attracts more folks to the site!

Looking forward to learning more about AGCO and Challenger tractors.

AGCO’s are basically the final run of Allis Chalmers and White tractors. They became AGCO Allis, then just AGCO. Production ended in 2013. Challenger is still in limited production.

Lots of Challengers out there, but AGCO’s numbers were always smaller.

Damn good tractors. The CVT models built after 2001 have Fendt transmissions, rears and braking systems in them. They’re built in the factory in France along with their more popular Massey Ferguson cousins. AGCO’s ran Cummins and some Sisu engines. Challengers ran CAT & Perkins and Massy ran mostly Sisu.

Essentially, they are 3 nearly identical tractors, with different paint color, slight cab roof differences and a different engine.

Well I hope this attracts more folks to the site!
It might. You can see how many older threads Muhammad uploaded to the new forum. We have some owners of AGCO and Challenger already here, but no forum to call “home”.

Even though AGCO & Challenger built smaller compact tractors they weren’t a big player. In the larger tractor world, they were and still are a somewhat bigger player, but not as big as Massey, Deere, case-IH or New Holland.

Last edited:
   / Welcome to the NEW AGCO/Challenger Forum! #8  
I used to see some Challenger tractors in cotton fields west of San Angelo. Seem to recall several on tracks. Some really big farms out there and in the Panhandle.

I used to see some Challenger tractors in cotton fields west of San Angelo. Seem to recall several on tracks. Some really big farms out there and in the Panhandle.
Yes, they are actually known for the big stuff. Their Caterpillar heritage is why you see so many on tracks. They are only making a few models now. I think a 400 series typical tractor and some massive tracked versions was it for 2020 and newer. At least that’s what their website says.

/ Welcome to the NEW AGCO/Challenger Forum! #10  
Valtra is another brand of the AGCO group. A very desirable brands amongst the loggers on this side of the pond. Mainly because of the reversible operators platform, which is great to operate the log crane but also because it's a nice, heavy and balanced tractor.

Hay Dude, I think you would really like the Valtra tractors too.

68522630_156524118806415_6159308729704513536_o.jpg
1674216175055.png