Weights for JD 3038e?

/ Weights for JD 3038e? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Curious if anyone knew best place to get suitcase weights for my John Deere 3038.
How many can I put on it, best price, etc.
Thanks.
I'm in process of pulling up old fence posts, it works great with 3pt. Lift of fel and chain, but pulling up a large grapevine by the roots lifted tractor way up!

/ Weights for JD 3038e? #2  
If you are lifting the grapes with the 3-point - can't you put something heavy in the FEL bucket.

/ Weights for JD 3038e?
I finished part of the project today, using the bucket and chain around several teeth on bar. It worked fine.
A lot of time I'd rather have weights rather than something in bucket. I'll shop around.

/ Weights for JD 3038e? #4  
I finished part of the project today, using the bucket and chain around several teeth on bar. It worked fine.
A lot of time I'd rather have weights rather than something in bucket. I'll shop around.
Just check the front axle weight tolerances. I doubt you will hit them, but if you have weights and you are using the FEL lifting heavy stuff it does put a lot of weight on the front axle.

/ Weights for JD 3038e? #5  
I have a stack of JD weights that came off my JD2555 sitting out back. I removed them from the front of the tractor when I purchased it used, because they were just prematurely wearing out the front end. I keep them in case I ever hook up a large batwing to the tractor. (Hey wait, I just bought a batwing, maybe I need to put them on!)
I sold a Ford 7710 that had over 1300 pounds of weight on the nose plus the heavy part that holds the weights. The boom mower on the back of that mower could easily pick up the front wheels by just extending it outward to max length. I found that out the hard way when unloading the tractor.
David from jax

/ Weights for JD 3038e? #6  
Be careful raising the front wheels off the ground, as the shock of them dropping back to the ground really isn't good for front end parts, or the bell housing and transmission mountings.
David from jax

/ Weights for JD 3038e? #7  
Curious if anyone knew best place to get suitcase weights for my John Deere 3038.

You can find the 42-lb weights at Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/John-Deere-Rear-Weight-BG20029/100608539

You may be able to use the 70-lb weights as well.

Your local Deere dealer may have competitive prices, so check with them for sure.

You will need to determine what type of weight bracket is on your 3038 to determine the number and size of suitcase wights you can use.