Weight of a 6610 ditch witch

/ Weight of a 6610 ditch witch #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
I couldnt figure out the best place to post this, but figured you welders would have a good an ideal as anybody so here goes.
I have located a 6610 ditchwitch that is going to be scrapped out. I looked it over and dont know why they are scrapping as it looks to have just been left behind with nothing really wrong with it. It has the vibrating plow, the a620 backhoe attachment, and I am just guessing a 5ft trencher. All I see wrong with it is it has 2 flat tires and they dont look worn out. I have already bought the A620 backhoe attachment and am thinking about buying the rest of the machine since it will be going for scrap prices. I just havent been able to find a weight on this machine. The backhoe weighs 2900lbs without the bucket, but i dont have a clue as to what the rest of the machine weighs. We guesstimated the backhoe weight at 2000lbs and I paid him twice scrap value for it. We both figured that to be a fair price, I didnt want to beat him and it was a price I could live with. I would like to buy the rest of the machine, but would prefer to stay closer to actual scrap value for it. Now I dont know if this machine will even run and it has been setting in the same place for several years, so it might just be scrap, but on the other hand, if it can be made to run, it would certainly be worth more than scrap prices.

So my question is, does anybody have a good guess as to how much this machine might weigh?