Weather.

/ Weather. #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
October 26th one can hear in the distance diesel motor accepting a new gear,along w/sound from the steel plow bouncing off the tar road as the sander hums its tune once again.

2" of wet heavy snow now mixing w/rain,and the electric lines are weight down like wash hung out to dry on line..lights are a blinking. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Mother nature once again has spread her winter blanket upon us,maybe just to remind one and all..just because we have p/c,tractors,hi tech tools etc.. we shall never control her,nor the hands of time.

Last edited:
   / Weather.
To plow or not to plow..that is the question...naaa. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Last edited:
   / Weather.
No raking today.

Last edited:
   / Weather. #4  
Thomas, snowplows already? Looks like you might be in for a long winter season. Only raining here this mornin'. Used the rotary cutter yesterday, it's still mounted to the tractor. Forecast is for a high of 55F on Sunday.

Tripped over the ol' tirechains the other day. Think that was a hint? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Might be the right time to put them back on. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

DFB

/ Weather. #5  
Nice pictures - but only to look at. I am not ready for winter yet - and never will be. It is at times like those that I wish I had a rotary broom for my tractor - not quite enough snow to use the snowblower but too much to do nothing about. But its use would be so limited that I have never been able to justify getting one - even a used one. Maybe some day the right deal will come along.

/ Weather. #6  
A rear scraper blade, cocked to one side, would make short work of it.................chim

/ Weather. #7  
Thomas, it's good to hear you waxing poetic about winter. It's very dry here, but getting cold at night. (14 degrees this morning) The long range weather forecast for the winter says we'll get 70% of normal precip, due to El Nino. I sure hope they're wrong.
Bob

/ Weather. #8  
THOMAS: u are talking about 10/26/02 right? we did not have any snow today and as folks know , buffalo gets snow all the time. VERY NICE PICS BTW..

/ Weather. #9  
i hope u plowed!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif nice to get on the tractor with the first snow, not to cold , and it gives u a great feeling. but then jan. will arrive and plowing will be a chore, temps in the teens, and have to plow, different thing altogether.

/ Weather. #10  
thomas: hate to hog the thread but find your pics. interesting. the one pic(no raking today) is especially interesting to me. was that done with a digital? and did u adjust the e v? don't know what it is about that pic. but it pleases me. AH. WELL . beauty is in the eye of the beholder