Weak Battery

/ Weak Battery #1  

TonyC

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL
Well with the first few cold nights , my battery in the Kubota has been very weak and sluggish. The guy I bought it from told me the battery might be reaching the end oif it's life sycle. It's done great in the warm weather, but.... Well, let's have it fellas...what is everyone's experiences, good or bad with replacement batteries? Recommendations?

/ Weak Battery #2  
Sounds like your right, time for a new battery. I've had very good luck with interstate batteries in alot of different applications.

Or if you have a sams club close by, you might try on of theirs. I've got one in my truck and it's two or three years old now.

Remember the more CCA the better!!!

Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ Weak Battery
I remember that I've heard good things about Interstate batteries before. I guess that's the way I should go...I do have a Sam's nearby. One thing that puzzles me though is how to choose one. I agree the more CCA the better but with a car you give them the make and model. I doubt Sam's would have a listing for my L3600. Do I just measure the physical size that I need, choose the correct post type, pick a CCA and plop down my credit card?

/ Weak Battery #4  
<font color=blue>...I doubt Sam's would have a listing for my L3600...</font color=blue>
Don't underestimate that automated battery computer at Sam's... Yep... they have tractors listed.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>... Do I just measure the physical size that I need, choose the correct post type, pick a CCA and plop down my credit card?...</font color=blue>

Yep... just in case your model is not listed...

Tony,

I stopped there last month for my Satoh, but no listing {the battery holder is smaller than usual}... so I got the biggest CCA for the money and strapped it in with bungee's...

Now the girl starts as soon as I touch the key... don't even need to turn it... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Weak Battery
Well I'll be...I never thought they would really list tractors. That sounds like a mighty hot model you got for yourself. Starts as soon as you touch the key, huh? Well it definitely likes the green machine...we'll see how it feels about orange! I guess I'm off to Sam's.

Thanks John.

/ Weak Battery #6  
<font color=blue>...Well it definitely likes the green machine...</font color=blue>

The White machine... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

"You are what you eat, drink, think, say and do..."
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Muhammad on 10/18/01 03:44 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

• 2-74310-SatohS650Gcloseup.jpg
    2-74310-SatohS650Gcloseup.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 86
   / Weak Battery
The white machine? I always thought you were a John Deere man. Hmmm...maybe it was your logo....

/ Weak Battery
Well I got the new battery today. Sam's doesn't carry Interstate here so I found a shop that does. No computer, but you were right...they had a book that listed my model Kubota! It fits like a glove. It had 675 CCA...I'm not an expert but that sounds like a good kick in the butt. Now, I don't even have to turn the key............................../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Weak Battery #9  
I notice in TonyC's bio, he has L3600. I presume that means either 36 hp engine or maybe pto. For sake of discussion, let's use it as engine.

His battery is 675 cca.

I too, am contemplating the purchase of new battery for Brutus. Seems Brutus needs a 700 cca battery.

What I don't understand is if the L3600 is somewhere around 36 hp and Brutus is 90hp, I would have thought that Brutus would need a significantly larger (in cca speak) battery.

Or IS 25 additional cca "significant"?

Does cca have more to do with the strength of the battery to turn the engine over, or have more to do with the duration of time the battery can turn the engine over?

What does a gain of 1 cca give you from one battery to the next?

Richard

/ Weak Battery #10  
Richard
I think,/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif Tony was trying to say he got a lot of CCA (cold cranking amps) for the size battery he purchased./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif My 2910 requires a 433 CCA battery. If you can get a higher capacity then I would recommend it./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif