Water level

/ Water level #11  
This reminds me of a canary on a perch in a balloon on a scale-canary flies around-does the weight of the whole balloon assembly change ?

/ Water level #12  
Knotbored said:
This reminds me of a canary on a perch in a balloon on a scale-canary flies around-does the weight of the whole balloon assembly change ?
If the balloon is sealed no. If not yes. A fly flying in a car does not increase the cars weight unless it lands. It does, however, increase the cars effective mass all the time -- but in a sorta cushy way when its airborne.
Larry

/ Water level #13  
Archimedes principle states that an object immersed in a fluid will displace an amount of the fluid equal to the mass of the object or the volume of the object, whichever occurs first.

The block when in the boat helps the boat displace an amount of water equal to the mass of the block. When in the water, it only displaces water equal to the volume of the block which, by virtue of the fact that the block is more dense than water, will be less than the amount displaced when the block is in the boat. Ergo, the water level in the lake is lower when the block is in the water.

/ Water level #14  
I have to keep telling myself--This is a tractor forum, this is a tractor forum, this is...

/ Water level #15  
Ok, so instead of a boat he uses a tractor with a FEL and then the EPA shows up to to investigate why he is filling in wetlands.

/ Water level
Tig said:
Ok, so instead of a boat he uses a tractor with a FEL and then the EPA shows up to to investigate why he is filling in wetlands.

Well, if he uses the FEL to bury the plane and the conveyor as part of the fill, I am sure the EPA would approve.

Harry K