Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #81  
so now this discussion has me thinking i will switch from Howes to the following PS treatment. never had gelling or algae, don't think this particular PS has algicide. neither does Howes. recommendations? do i need to get another product with?
although my pre Tier 4 injection system is not as vulnerable, no one needs repairs like the OP. best of luck
may have to open link in new tab.

PK-80-OZ-Diesel-Kleen-Cetane-Boost-Diesel-Fuel-Injector-Cleaner-Cetane/1452629783
Note: You may only get algae if your fuel is exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods, such as in using IBC totes for your bulk storage. Algae are photosynthic. The microbial fungi "bugs" do not require sunlight. This is what we use in our 80,000 gallon fuel tanks.

Also, you want to use this to check your bulk storage tank:

1657218438674.png

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #82  
thanks on the info, looks like there are 2 separate issues, algae & microbial as you mention. being non commercial, my fuel is rotated in 2x5gal containers, so that may not be as much as an issue as water. i like the scrubbers in PS
thanks again, regards

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060
I sent an email to Kubota service. The following is the note I sent.

Is there a water in fuel sensor available for my 2017 Grand L6060? I recently had a $10,000 repair bill on my tractor because of water in the fuel. I would like to install some sort of sensor that would warn me when this happens. It seems that some sort of warning sensor would be standard equipment on a tractor as nice as this one.

The next day, this is the response I got.

Thank you for bringing this concern to the attention of the Customer Satisfaction Department; while we are able to record your comments, this department is unable to provide any form of technical, repair, or maintenance assistance regarding your unit. All technical related inquires will be answered by your local Kubota dealer.

To begin the diagnostic process, Kubota Tractor Corporation recommends contacting/bringing your unit to the dealership that sold it to you in order to receive this information. If this is not a feasible option, you may also contact any local Kubota dealership in your area for different suggestions/recommendations on the matter and arrange to have the unit brought to them to receive further information on your unit along with any other technical related questions/issues.

To find a Kubota dealership near you, please call our toll free number, 1-888-458-2682, or visit our website at Kubota | Farm Equipment, Construction Equipment, Mowers, UTV. We sincerely appreciate your email in this regard and have logged your comments in the event that future review is necessary.

This looks like a response that someone, or a computer, just pasted in an email and sent to me. I was a bit surprised that I got a reply the next day.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #84  
I owned a Kubota BX for 10 years. Twice I had the metal strap for the seatbelt latch break. Seemed like a safety issue to me. I emailed them and didn’t even get the canned response you got. I bought a cheap non retracting seat belt off Amazon that was much cheaper and never broke.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #85  
Did this tractor have KTAC?
KTAC wouldn't cover this since its a fuel quality issue right?
Most manufacturers warranty will run away from claims on fuel related issues. It’s like their sworn duty to deny fuel system equipment claims and blame them on the customer for bad fuel.
Its an easy “out” for them to not have to spend $10,000 fixing your tractor for you.

Last edited:
   / Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #86  
I sent an email to Kubota service. The following is the note I sent.

Is there a water in fuel sensor available for my 2017 Grand L6060? I recently had a $10,000 repair bill on my tractor because of water in the fuel. I would like to install some sort of sensor that would warn me when this happens. It seems that some sort of warning sensor would be standard equipment on a tractor as nice as this one.

The next day, this is the response I got.

Thank you for bringing this concern to the attention of the Customer Satisfaction Department; while we are able to record your comments, this department is unable to provide any form of technical, repair, or maintenance assistance regarding your unit. All technical related inquires will be answered by your local Kubota dealer.

To begin the diagnostic process, Kubota Tractor Corporation recommends contacting/bringing your unit to the dealership that sold it to you in order to receive this information. If this is not a feasible option, you may also contact any local Kubota dealership in your area for different suggestions/recommendations on the matter and arrange to have the unit brought to them to receive further information on your unit along with any other technical related questions/issues.

To find a Kubota dealership near you, please call our toll free number, 1-888-458-2682, or visit our website at Kubota | Farm Equipment, Construction Equipment, Mowers, UTV. We sincerely appreciate your email in this regard and have logged your comments in the event that future review is necessary.

This looks like a response that someone, or a computer, just pasted in an email and sent to me. I was a bit surprised that I got a reply the next day.
I got the same thing from them a few years ago. Kubota used to be very responsive and inquisitive when their tractors had problems 15 years ago and more. I actually had a Kubota engineer visit me once to look at my tractor issue!
They used to be the hungry dog that would fight for your business.
Now they deflect, delay and avoid.
They were once a very service the customer oriented company. IMO, they are like all the rest now.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #87  
Glad you had KTAC insurance to cover that. We use a big Mr Funnel to strain water out when filling the tractors

Most manufacturers warranty will run away from claims on fuel related issues. It’s like their sworn duty to deny fuel system equipment claims and blame them on the customer for bad fuel.
Its an easy “out” for them to not have to spend $10,000 fixing your tractor for you.
That's what I figured, when I seen the above post from Cathy I was highly doubting KTAC would cover this.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #88  
I added a Racor to my Kubota BX when I owned it. A big improvement since it came with two of those tiny ones. It didn’t have any kind of sensor though.

Attachments

• IMG_20140503_111404_030.jpg
    IMG_20140503_111404_030.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 485

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #89  
Racor fuel filters are available with water sensors in the bowl.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #90  
Like the title says, water in fuel caused me a $10,000 repair bill to my 2017 Grand L6060 with about 1200 hours on it. The water caused rust in the fuel rail which caused damage to the injectors. I have had fuel problems with this tractor since its new.

I have a 100 gal. nurse tank that I use to fuel my tractors. I assume that condensation is happening in this tank. I do add a fuel 'cleaner' to each 100 gallons I put in the nurse tank. I guess this is mostly my fault, because I don't monitor the water separator on the tractor closely enough. I will check it more often now after this.
Look to install a water separator on your 100 gallon nurse tank. I suggest something like a Parker/Racor HF900 (that is totally on sale right now) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXVPN1...olid=1TQYWLHM5ELRM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it