Watch out for bicycles too.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #121  
Delusional? Think your the only one who ever rode a bike for more than just a pastime?
Of course not...that's silly! What I mean by delusional is how you think one should ride a bike is not viable. Since I'm the founder and former President of a Cycling Club in my area 20 years ago and ride with a large network of people, I know I'm not the only one who rides. What I actually said was, there are different types of riders with a variety of skills - you must know that if you ride...correct?. It's also why our Cycling Club has various groups ranging from A to D depending on ability. Also, I should tell you that keeping your tires and eyes glued to the white line for two miles (or any distance...if that really happened) is much more dangerous than keeping your head up to see where your going and looking for traffic...just trying to help you stay safe. The rule of thumb is to keep your right peddle on the line which puts your bike about 6 inches into the road. This advise is stated in a book Greg LeMond wrote and has become standard practice. Again, what I actually said in my previous post, is that on any given ride there are holes, glass, gravel, trash among other things on the side of the road (speed matter too) that for the safely of rider requires the rider to move out into the road from time to time...I'm stating how it's practically done. As a other example, the safest thing to do on a bike when coming to a stop sign or in a traffic circle is to "take the lane" so the car behind you does not come up beside you creating a dangerous situation with both. Frankly, if you really did ride, you would not be debating with me because you'd understand and know I'm right.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #122  
The rule of thumb is to keep your right peddle on the line which puts your bike about 6 inches into the road. This advise is stated in a book Greg LeMond wrote and has become standard practice.
So you call someone delusional because you disagree over 6 inches.. Thank goodness i realised that was about cycling 🤭

I come from Holland, where even the prime minister takes the bike to work, and children learn it by the age of 5, without a book written by Greg LeMond... And nobody tries to outsmart another on how to do it, they just do, minding their own business 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
   / Watch out for bicycles too. #123  
Them folks I mentioned earlier that got ran over. He developed a few hernias from the quick surgery. Got those fixed and was visiting his neighbor. Was leaving and fell down the steps. Not good. Sure the driver broke the law, but that don't help much. Too much texting and drama calls these days. I ain't gonna be on no road on any less than four big tires.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #124  
Them folks I mentioned earlier that got ran over. He developed a few hernias from the quick surgery. Got those fixed and was visiting his neighbor. Was leaving and fell down the steps. Not good. Sure the driver broke the law, but that don't help much. Too much texting and drama calls these days. I ain't gonna be on no road on any less than four big tires.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #125  
Of course not...that's silly! What I mean by delusional is how you think one should ride a bike is not viable. Since I'm the founder and former President of a Cycling Club in my area 20 years ago and ride with a large network of people, I know I'm not the only one who rides. What I actually said was, there are different types of riders with a variety of skills - you must know that if you ride...correct?. It's also why our Cycling Club has various groups ranging from A to D depending on ability. Also, I should tell you that keeping your tires and eyes glued to the white line for two miles (or any distance...if that really happened) is much more dangerous than keeping your head up to see where your going and looking for traffic...just trying to help you stay safe. The rule of thumb is to keep your right peddle on the line which puts your bike about 6 inches into the road. This advise is stated in a book Greg LeMond wrote and has become standard practice. Again, what I actually said in my previous post, is that on any given ride there are holes, glass, gravel, trash among other things on the side of the road (speed matter too) that for the safely of rider requires the rider to move out into the road from time to time...I'm stating how it's practically done. As a other example, the safest thing to do on a bike when coming to a stop sign or in a traffic circle is to "take the lane" so the car behind you does not come up beside you creating a dangerous situation with both. Frankly, if you really did ride, you would not be debating with me because you'd understand and know I'm right.
If you need to keep your eyes glued to the line to know your on it, you have already proven you are not a capeable driver/ rider. I can tell exactly where I am without looking down constantly! You are delusional!
I didn’t say you need to ride on the line constantly, but that it’s easy to move to it and stay there while a car passes. 6 inches would be fine but most of the yahoos out there today want to hog the hole lane. With that said if I can ride the line for such an extended period why can’t thay get close to it till we pass.
I agree and disagree with the brain dead who wrote the book and says to hog the lane at intersections. Yes in slow moving traffic it’s best to hold the lane but in high traffic areas, with faster accelerating traffic your creating the frustrated drivers that will all cut you off as they feel compelled to get around at the slightest opportunity weather it’s safe to pass you or not.
Let’s face it, what brain dead forgets is your on a bike and a car,truck or even a motorcycle will win the battle no matter who is wrong or right. You loose, your in the hospital, and there is more drivers who now have been irritated by yet an other person on a bike!
Great Job!

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #126  
Something worth the effort,

When in your car with kids, make a game of spotting and counting the two wheelers (anything not a car or truck)

They will develop a life long "attention" for seeing them.

WIN WIN,

and it's fun!

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #127  
now have been irritated by yet an other person on a bike!
Great Job!
"frustrated drivers"..."brain dead"...What? It's interesting you're irritated by cyclists...."Most Yahoos"....you mean cyclist? The primary reason for cyclist/car situations is based on bias attitude. It's the drivers that hates cyclist and become irritated upon sight of a rider. I drive a car too, I can say, I've never been "frustrated" or irritated by someone riding a bike no matter what! My primary reaction is to be safe - whether on a bike or car. There's too much at stake! I know that's a living person - you're right about one thing...a cyclist will loose - that's why irritation and road rage is not an option. I only wish more people could control their anger.

Last edited:
   / Watch out for bicycles too. #128  
the brain dead who wrote the book
Why would you call Greg LeMond "brain dead"? He was the first American to win the Tour De France. In addition to writing a book, he went on to build a successful business launching his own high-end bike frames. Wow! Nasty...

Last edited:
   / Watch out for bicycles too. #129  
Why would you call Greg LeMond "brain dead"? He was the first American to win the Tour De France. In addition to writing a book, he went on to build a successful business launching his own high-end bike frames. Wow! Nasty...
You chose my tone!