Watch out for bicycles too.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #111  
This discussion is about bicycles... the type with pedals to make it move, and which many ride to stay in shape.
The only “cyclists” I’ve heard referred as organ donors have two or more cylinders for power, tend to twist a throttle to make their machine go, and are commonly referred to as “bikers”.

We don't distinguish between peddle vs vroom vroom...neither do doctors.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #113  
Harder than I think? Who the hell do you think your fooling?
Even with my bad knees and old age I can still do it and just did yesterday!
Secondly I never said you need to be consistently over there just for a bit so we can all pass each other respectfully.

By the way I rode the line itself for almost 2 miles yesterday not as you say within 6 inches. I certainly hope your joking, and if not I think you might want to think about giving up bike rideing if you can’t ride within a reasonable margins of the edge while a car or truck passes!
let me know when you want to ride and see who has the better bike handling skills. It's obvious your definition of bike riding is different than mine. Yes, riding at 5 mph you can ride the line all day...as a matter of fact...at a complete stop...I can track-stand forever. Try riding the line for 50 miles at an average pace in the low 20 mph....with climbs and descents ranging from 8-15%. I'm not trying to fool anyone...but I do think you're delusional.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #114  
let me know when you want to ride and see who has the better bike handling skills. It's obvious your definition of bike riding is different than mine. Yes, riding at 5 mph you can ride the line all day...as a matter of fact...at a complete stop...I can track-stand forever. Try riding the line for 50 miles at an average pace in the low 20 mph....with climbs and descents ranging from 8-15%. I'm not trying to fool anyone...but I do think you're delusional.
That's stuffs easy and youre slow! Lol.

Not serious just laughing at the internet bragging.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #117  
Usually I ride with the right hand eyed in line with the painted roadside. Keeps me about 2ft off the edge. Put it in cruise and go - hrs at a time.
For several years, I did organized cross state tours. Wisc, Virginia, Georgia, Sc/Nc. Each had a pre start meet, where they went through the itinerary, rules of the road, what to expect etc. Single file unless no traffic was the message. I also competed. And also trained 3-5000mi/yr. When they passed the law here providing whole lane access to bikes, at first I was dismayed. Get a clue guys, what are you doing, single file right? Nope, hog the lane, impead traffic, arrogant. I had utmost respect for bikers. If you are single file to the right, that remains unchanged.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #118  
Delusional? Think your the only one who ever rode a bike for more than just a pastime?

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #119  
I ride motorbikes A LOT!

A couple years back, I electric motorized my steel framed hard tail dirt bicycle.
Last summer I put over 3K miles on the e-bike. this summer not as many due to the rainy weather (Not so many on the Honda either)

I live in a NE rural area with a mile to pave, and 600 miles of dirt roads just in my town. On the bike, I've been places I've wanted to go for the past 30 years. The bike opens up a lot of "I can get there" options.

The bike is handi for runs into town for small items (12 miles round trip) A rear rack and saddle bags allows capacity for small items (NOT GROCERIES!)

I do think I'll fit mot of those blinking lights next riding season . I'm not as quick dodging the cages as I was ;-)

ps. winter has been slow coming. I'm getting set to mount up the studded snows on the bike . They would have worked today. ;-)

Keep your head UP and on a swivel. I snow ski, ice skate, ride motor bikes and bicycles, so that comes second nature. It's the idiots I worry about, and there is no precaution that can protect from IDIOTS! Especially the ones driving CARS.

I hope no one here falls in to that catagory.

/ Watch out for bicycles too. #120  
On a lighter note, us riding MB trails near here a few years ago. I should add, we road ride too! (y)
ST ride A,S & Gromit (DL).jpg

Last edited: