/ Watch for bears! #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Durango woman found dead after apparent bear attack

Bruce

/ Watch for bears! #2  
Sad. I hate when public officials use the term “out of an abundance of caution” when justifying killing the bears.

In Colorado (or anywhere in the US) has there ever been a bear attack where a human is killed where the bear isn’t also put down?

We love hiking in National Parks. Have to be careful of bears. We make lots of noise. Maybe that is just an old tale but so far so good.

MoKelly

/ Watch for bears! #6  
We have a black bear sow that has been denning around here for quite a while. I see sign all the time, and this year she did some damage to young trees. I'm sure the dogs have come across her in the woods, but they are bird dogs who don't hassle the wildlife. I have never seen her, though the neighbors have caught her on a game cam. Live and let live. The cougars are pretty shy too. I did open my eyes one morning to a bobcat 4' from my nose. A healthy predator population is handy. We don't have any raccoons or possums, or barn cats for that matter. They all got eaten.

/ Watch for bears! #8  
Lots of bears around here. They used to hang around the town dump before they turned it into a Transfer Station. As many as 28 at a time!

They also used to break in to people’s cottages. One time I saw a small one walk by my basement window, headed for the upper deck. Grabbed a couple of pots and ran outside banging them together, but it had spotted me too and had already taken off!

Have to make a big deal about it with every group of guests that come to our rental cottage, cautioning them to never leave any food or garbage outside overnight. No problems so far, and we are on our 10th year!

/ Watch for bears! #9  
Well at least we do not have bears in Ozzy thank goodness.
....But what about?

Koala Bear.jpeg

Yeah, I know....it's not really a bear.

/ Watch for bears! #10  
We have number bears around here just have to be more careful now mother and cubs and mating season.
Bear spray if use right can save one @ss from bad beating.
It's shame when person doesn't use common sense and bear has to be put down. :(