Winches Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da
Keep in mind, it's not all that hard to pull a tractor in half, with a front mounted winch.

SR

Good God, that is a scary thought. Sheeeesh!

Tx,
Danica

I may do this to my 1920 as it has a perfect mounting bracket in front. Your setup is great, just what I wanted to do!

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #13  
   / Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #15  
I build an hydraulic winch for mine. Great to have, it's always there when I need it and can run it forever being hydraulic. I built it to pull me out of tricky situations when I was working some serious hills, ended up not needing it for that yet but I've pulled other vehicles, trees, canes, used it as crane with a pulley, using it to stretch fencing, pulling my 70's electric forklift that just sinks every time it leaves hard surfaces, the list goes on.

As far as breaking the tractor in half. In my tractor, there is a sub frame on the engine for the front weights and to attach the front axle. Then there is the mid mounted ROPS brackets that tie this subframe to the bell housing the mid section of the transmission housing. Finally, when I built the loader, I added the supports that run under the tractor from the ROPS brackets all the way to the rear axle.

IMG_20230906_125218.jpg

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #16  
When I was clearing a piece of land on our property, we started cutting huge oak trees with a chain saw , then I drug them with a chain on the 3 point of the tractor and draw bar.
It was easy to wrap a chain around the trunk and lift it 3" off the ground and away it went off to the lower field for sawing.
The trees dwarfed my tractor (Branson 4520) they were very wide, and some were 40 -50 feet tall and white oak is very heavy.
I should taken a few pictures. A winch was unnecessary.

Absolutely LOVE this! Wow, u should patent a bolt on version. I’d buy one in a heartbeat. Congratulations on such a brilliant build. Truly one of the coolest things I’ve seen done to maximize performance and afford great versatility. Wow.

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #18  
I have a TC40DA. I had a smaller winch to mount up front, but decided not to. The battery is small, the alternator is small, and I was concerned about keeping it reasonably clean when doing loader work. And, I prefer to pull from the back of the tractor. Use the dedicated drawbar, as well as the advantage of loaded rear tires.

I have the 17la loader to work with Super-Steer; I have room up front. The clearance would be less with a 16la loader.

My loader has multiple chain hooks; I typically leave at least 20' of chain looped on top of the bucket.

Mounting a toolbox would allow you to carry chain all the time...

They make 3pt logging winches. They tend to be more powerful than most of the WARN bumper mount types. (Though WARN does have some beasts, too). Given your ideas to pull tractor out of trouble, it would need to be strong enough to pull tractor+heaviest implements weight + a fudge factor for resistance (whatever you got stuck in). In my case, I'd need a bare minimum of 10K winch. I see prices around $4k for a 3pt 10k winch.

Yes, my wallenstein fx85 pulls 8,500 lbs but it takes time to attach. I’m thinking more of quick always there solution like the winch on a Land Rover or jeep wrangler.

I build an hydraulic winch for mine. Great to have, it's always there when I need it and can run it forever being hydraulic. I built it to pull me out of tricky situations when I was working some serious hills, ended up not needing it for that yet but I've pulled other vehicles, trees, canes, used it as crane with a pulley, using it to stretch fencing, pulling my 70's electric forklift that just sinks every time it leaves hard surfaces, the list goes on.

As far as breaking the tractor in half. In my tractor, there is a sub frame on the engine for the front weights and to attach the front axle. Then there is the mid mounted ROPS brackets that tie this subframe to the bell housing the mid section of the transmission housing. Finally, when I built the loader, I added the supports that run under the tractor from the ROPS brackets all the way to the rear axle.

View attachment 833707

BRILLIANT!!