Winches Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #1  

Danica

Silver Member
Tractor
CNH TC40DA & Ford 1920
It occurred to me recently there are situations wherein the time associated with attaching my fx85 winch to my tractor to pull out a log or other object makes me just forget the job. Ditto getting chain or wire rope and attaching to back of tractor and pulling. What about a Warn or other brand winch attached to the front of tractor?? Has anyone ever done this? Seems it could also be useful in extricating oneself from a precarious situation.

Thank you in advance,
Danica

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #2  
They make 3pt logging winches. They tend to be more powerful than most of the WARN bumper mount types. (Though WARN does have some beasts, too). Given your ideas to pull tractor out of trouble, it would need to be strong enough to pull tractor+heaviest implements weight + a fudge factor for resistance (whatever you got stuck in). In my case, I'd need a bare minimum of 10K winch. I see prices around $4k for a 3pt 10k winch.

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #3  
Likely the biggest issue/problem is having enough electricity to run the winch.

Small tractor’s especially open station ones (e.g., the TC40 and the whole series) have small alternators and not huge batteries.

That said they (Milemarker) do make hydraulic capacity and there are automotive winches in the same form factor as Warn winches.

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #4  
I’m planning on setting up a hydraulic winch on at least the rear of my tractor.
Whenever I’ve gotten stuck it’s always been “what was I thinking?” and have been pulled out to the rear.

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #5  
Mile Marker makes hydraulic winches up to 18k lbs -you could hook up to remotes & avoid the electric draw

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #6  
There are some PTO driven ones even stronger.

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da #7  
What about a Warn or other brand winch attached to the front of tractor?? Has anyone ever done this? Seems it could also be useful in extricating oneself from a precarious situation.

Thank you in advance,
Danica
I did it with a receiver hitch on the front:

P9260009.JPG

P6090002.JPG
P6090009.JPG

PA012378.JPG

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da
Likely the biggest issue/problem is having enough electricity to run the winch.

Small tractor’s especially open station ones (e.g., the TC40 and the whole series) have small alternators and not huge batteries.

That said they (Milemarker) do make hydraulic capacity and there are automotive winches in the same form factor as Warn winches.

Thank you! Didn’t consider the elec factor but yeah, if there was a hydraulic one plumbing it wouldn’t be hard.
Tx,
Danica

/ Warn (or other) winch on front of Tc40da
Awesome job! Thanks for ur response it is very helpful and confirms I’m not totally crazy!