WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor

/ WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor #31  
I am currently restoring a 1953 Golden Jubilee, serial no. NAA 32803. It is one of the first to come off of the assembly line in 1953. I have documentation and pictures of the process if needed. I have put alot of work hours in this tractor sanding, grinding paint and restoring this tractor. Tractor was completely disassembled and each part repainted seperately. New bolts and parts were all replaced were needed with all new tires front and rear. Tractor runs great and was not in need of overhaul. Contact me or email me for updates and photo's of this tractor. Final completion is expected to be done before July 4, 2012.

/ WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor
Thanks for the message.

Yes, I'm interested and I'll pm you my email address for particulars and pictures.

Best Regards, Michael

/ WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor #33  
This thread started over a year ago and you are still looking Mike?

I didn't think these were that difficult to find in decent shape. There is one I know of right down the road form me about 2 miles. Of course its in NJ so you probably won't want to come this far to get it, but if you are interested I will stop and see what they are asking. It just went up for sale two days ago. Doesn't look bad as you drive by. I'll stop and take a look just for myself if nothing else. I don't need another tractor but it might be too good a deal to pass up.

/ WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor
This thread started over a year ago and you are still looking Mike?

I didn't think these were that difficult to find in decent shape. There is one I know of right down the road form me about 2 miles. Of course its in NJ so you probably won't want to come this far to get it, but if you are interested I will stop and see what they are asking. It just went up for sale two days ago. Doesn't look bad as you drive by. I'll stop and take a look just for myself if nothing else. I don't need another tractor but it might be too good a deal to pass up.

Sparc,

Thanks so much and yes I'm still looking for the right one for me. But, as you said, that is a little far for me to go from SW FL.

I'm moving to NE GA in a few months so I'm going to hold off until after the move now as I'll be more in "tractor country" there as well as being closer to where most of the good ones are located.

Thanks Again, Mike

/ WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor #35  
Well, I was driving by on my way to do a couple errands so I stopped and looked it over.
I believe it is a 54 based on what I could see of the s/n. Looked like 5 digits starting with NAA8?2?3 which I believe makes it '54 vintage.

Fired right up from a cold start. No smoke as it was driven around the yard. Converted to 12V with new battery. He said the motor had been gone over and all gaskets replaced and leaks fixed. I saw some oil on the left side brake backing plate and when asked he said there was a leak but it had been fixed. There were some new bolts and nuts on the backing plate which would seem to support this. Fenders have some rust (maybe rot) in the area of the mounting bolts at the bottom of the fender (see photo).

Has a nice brush paint job on it which is providing protection from the elements but has little value other than that. All other sheet metal looked sound, no signs of neglect or abuse. Tires have some serious checks as you can see in the one photo. Dash instruments were all there, the proofmeter looks original and faded but operable. hourmeter shows ~2500 hours (didn't get a photo of the gauges, sorry). Should have got a couple overall shots but I was just taking pics as I looked it over.

I can take more photos if anyone wants them. I have no connection this person or the tractor just posting for Mike but I see from his last post he is going to hold off until he completes his move to GA.

Anyway, the sign says $3500 OBO and he said he is willing to talk to if interested give the guy a ring.
I think 3500 is high but thats his starting point. Its not restored at all but it is in good working condition if you want something to put to work with no repairs required. I believe it could be the basis for a restoration job if that's what you're into.

I should qualify all the above with I have no background with these old tractors like UltraDog or Soundguy to name just two. I have turned a few wrenches in my years but little of it on tractors. Still, I like to think I can spot a POJ or something on its last legs when I see it.

IMAG1010.jpg IMAG1011.jpg IMAG1012.jpg IMAG1013.jpg IMAG1014.jpg IMAG1015.jpg IMAG1016.jpg

Last edited:
   / WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor #37  
when you get to ga, post back. there are some great palces to get tractors there. I've made a few road trips to ga for tractors.

one nice place in tyty

/ WANTED: Restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor #38  
So, Big Mike, did you ever find what you were looking for?

Bill