Loader Want to add Grapple to my JD 4500 HELP

/ Want to add Grapple to my JD 4500 HELP #1  

jgalente

Tractor
John Deere 4500
Hi,
I have (Year 1998 ~2000) JD 4500 tractor with a 48 backhoe on it and a 460 front end loader. I would like to add a Grapple (to use for removing cut brush/bushes). There is a kit LVBM 18820 $ 255. + BW 14716 (hose & pipes)
$ 309 + more hoses and connectors to hook up the grapple $ $300. Then there will be extra hoses to and from the grapple with couplings. For a total of about
$1,000 plus $700 for the Grapple.

I have spent two days on the phone trying to find out a less expensive way to connect the grapple with no luck. The only less expensive was I could think of was to use a snow plow pump bolted to the back of the bucket to work the grapple with a rocker switch attached to the dump and roll arm.

Anyone have suggestions???

Thanks,

Jonathan

/ Want to add Grapple to my JD 4500 HELP #2  
They make a slector valve that attaches to ur remote valves turnning it into a 4port instead of a two port. All you will need to do is run a hose from the grapple to the remote and use ur remote lever to operate the grapple. They sell it a TSC.

/ Want to add Grapple to my JD 4500 HELP #3  
:confused2::confused2:Hi,
I have (Year 1998 ~2000) JD 4500 tractor with a 48 backhoe on it and a 460 front end loader. I would like to add a Grapple (to use for removing cut brush/bushes). There is a kit LVBM 18820 $ 255. + BW 14716 (hose & pipes)
$ 309 + more hoses and connectors to hook up the grapple $ $300. Then there will be extra hoses to and from the grapple with couplings. For a total of about
$1,000 plus $700 for the Grapple.

I have spent two days on the phone trying to find out a less expensive way to connect the grapple with no luck. The only less expensive was I could think of was to use a snow plow pump bolted to the back of the bucket to work the grapple with a rocker switch attached to the dump and roll arm.

Anyone have suggestions???

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Search in the Hydraulics forum for the term "diverter" It basically takes your dump/curl circuit and "splits" it into two separate ones... Cost will be less that $500 if you can do the work yourself.

Do the search, read the threads (there are LOTS of them) then come back with specific questions, I will be happy to help you.