Walter Mondale passed away

/ Walter Mondale passed away #2  
   / Walter Mondale passed away #3  
Only thing I remember about Walter Mondale, was he lost his presidential race by a historic margin, getting just one state to vote fore him...his home state of Minnesota. Electoral vote was Ronald Reagan 525, Mondale 13

/ Walter Mondale passed away #4  
He left office in 1981. That was 40 years ago.
In politics, that is a lifetime. Who was the Speaker in 1981?

My guess is many have forgot all about that time.

MoKelly

/ Walter Mondale passed away #6  
I clearly remember his era. Not a fan. But the man died. Sorry for the family's loss.

/ Walter Mondale passed away #8  
Why not?

That's where HRH Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh was "stuck".

Did you happen to watch the funeral when the guy got up and read off all his titles? It was when the casket began lowering into the vault.

My goodness the Royals can give themselves titles.

MoKelly

/ Walter Mondale passed away #9  

What Happened in 1981 Important News and Events, Key Technology and Popular Culture​

What happened in 1981 Major News Stories include The Aids Virus Identified, Iran Hostage Crisis Ends, Yorkshire Ripper is caught, Post It Notes launched, Riots UK Cities, Anwar Sadat assassinated. one of the most exciting was the First Flight of the Space Shuttle Columbia. This was also the first year that the Word Internet was mentioned and MS-DOS was released by Microsoft along with the first IBM PC. On the world stage the events that captured the imagination included Lady Diana Spencer marrying Charles The Prince of Wales. In Politics a little known group before Solidarity inspire popular protests and a general strike in Poland and the government in the UK starts the process of privatization of Nationalized Industries which is later followed by many other countries around the world.

More here:

/ Walter Mondale passed away #10  

What Happened in 1981 Important News and Events, Key Technology and Popular Culture​

What happened in 1981 Major News Stories include The Aids Virus Identified, Iran Hostage Crisis Ends, Yorkshire Ripper is caught, Post It Notes launched, Riots UK Cities, Anwar Sadat assassinated. one of the most exciting was the First Flight of the Space Shuttle Columbia. This was also the first year that the Word Internet was mentioned and MS-DOS was released by Microsoft along with the first IBM PC. On the world stage the events that captured the imagination included Lady Diana Spencer marrying Charles The Prince of Wales. In Politics a little known group before Solidarity inspire popular protests and a general strike in Poland and the government in the UK starts the process of privatization of Nationalized Industries which is later followed by many other countries around the world.

More here:
I must have missed something? What's this got to do with the death?