Walmart Manager Called Me!

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Ok, Here's why. Our family members are big fans of Walmart and we shop there all the time. After a shopping trip last Sunday I was so disappointed that I had to write them. The store was a wreck and many items that we were looking for were completely out of stock, especially infant supplies i.e. diapers, formula etc.

The manager informed me that they had a run on items mainly from customers with WIC cards that had just been loaded that day or the day before. He told me that the local store is the 10th highest in WIC transactions in the state of Illinois. I mentioned two other Walmarts that I shop at and he said his store does double the WIC transactions of both of those stores combined. Big food retailers love the WIC program.

I'm in the process of trying to figure out the dates that WIC cards get loaded so I can avoid the same experience in the future.

This is what our community has come to.

Do you remember when it wasn't cool to get government assistance? Those days are long gone.

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #2  
I'll wait for others to tell you how you being cheap is what's wrong with our country...but most here are the same (including myself), we want the lowest prices, and then we (including myself) complain about the consequences.

I'd love to hear how we fix it. Can we all agree we will pay more (a LOT more) for everything? Nah...

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #3  
Since you're a regular W-M shopper I have a question for you...

Have you ever found a cart that the right front wheel is NOT out of whack?

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #4  
:laughing: Lettuce would have to be $.00000001 per head more, to fix that.

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #5  
Those folks with the EBT (Electronic benefits transfer) cards can buy beer , candy and pop or pretty much whatever they want. Try holding your tongue when you see someone do that.

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #6  
:laughing: Ha! Try steak and lobster.

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #7  
I just made that up, but it sounded good at the time. (and I think I've read it, but I may have made it up, too)

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #8  
My guess is, that using an EBT card to by drugs, will be the general accepted use in at least 47 states. (or 57, if you're of a different opinion).

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #9  
About 20 years ago I worked in a grocery store and my location is commonly called the military capital of the world. Military paydays were always the busiest days of the month (with some exceptions, typically involving a weatherman using the words hurricane or snow). Not sure how its done at walmart. When I worked at the grocery store, we had certain trucks that always came in on certain days of the week. So if you wanted the freshest and best selection of produce, you come in later in the day after the produce truck (give them time to put the stuff out). Want fully stocked normal (dry) groceries? come the day after that truck, as they fill those shelves overnight. The produce, deli, dairy, meat sections were staffed during the day, not the evening. If you live near a major employer, find out when their payday is and avoid that day and the next day. Same for WIC. Or just ask the walmart manager which are the busiest days so you can avoid them. If he/she were concerned enough about your complaint to call you back, I'm guessing they'd be willing to share this type of information with you to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Keith

/ Walmart Manager Called Me! #10  
About 20 years ago I worked in a grocery store and my location is commonly called the military capital of the world.

Military paydays were always the busiest days of the month (with some exceptions, typically involving a weatherman using the words hurricane or snow). Not sure how its done at walmart. When I worked at the grocery store, we had certain trucks that always came in on certain days of the week. So if you wanted the freshest and best selection of produce, you come in later in the day after the produce truck (give them time to put the stuff out).

Want fully stocked normal (dry) groceries? come the day after that truck, as they fill those shelves overnight. The produce, deli, dairy, meat sections were staffed during the day, not the evening. If you live near a major employer, find out when their payday is and avoid that day and the next day. Same for WIC.

Or just ask the walmart manager which are the busiest days so you can avoid them. If he/she were concerned enough about your complaint to call you back, I'm guessing they'd be willing to share this type of information with you to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Keith

Spaces (paragraph) ...help everyone. You get your point across...more people can read your point.