Snow Attachments Video- How a snow plow is made

/ Video- How a snow plow is made #2  
I remember when I was 18 living at home, no money, no job, I asked my parents to buy me a new Dodge power wagon SNO-FITER.
Iy was a turn-key 4x4 3/4 ton pickup with a snow plow.

Back then the complete unit can in around $4,500. Coincidently a new Corvette came in at the same price.

Unbelievably, they did it, they signed for the truck.

Now It's December and not a bit of snow on the ground as I sat in the kitchen looking at the street. I was sick inside, what have I done?

I always wondered what my parents thought after all my promises about how much money I could make.

Then it started snowing and for the next week, it dumped on our town. I already had my contracts in place. I charged all my customers twice the going rate for their commercial lots
saying that I will replow you lot for free if it snows again in the 24 hours after plowed. That was my hook. I also gave them free rock salt for their walks.

Well I worked 24 hours a day, would take naps with my head on the steering wheel with the engine running in the middle of a commercial lot in a snow storm.

I remember once I came home went to sleep and I set the alarm for 15 minutes and back out I went again.

My Mom was a small woman, but I remember she brought me 4 HEAVY five-gallon jerry cans full of fuel in ger trunk because I could not take the time to get fuel. That stuck in my mind my whole life.

After It was all done I came home early morning after plowing all night as they were having breakfast at the kitchen table. I reached in every pocket I had and pulled out cash and checks
that paid for the vehicle in full.

I walked a little taller that day knowing I didn't let my parents down, and to confirm their trust in me.

They could not afford to send mt to college, but what they gave me in trust was more than any college could have taught me. The work ethics needed to make that business success is another thing college can't teach.

/ Video- How a snow plow is made #3  
neat video !!

gg

/ Video- How a snow plow is made #4  
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

/ Video- How a snow plow is made #5  
How it's made is a great show, period. I love watching mfg process of various things. I remember watching Mr. Rogers as a kid, my favorite part was "how people made things".

Cat Driver, that's a nice story.

/ Video- How a snow plow is made #7  
There's something satisfying watching the manufacturing process of items we enjoy using.

Thanks for the video. It went perfect with my coffee!

/ Video- How a snow plow is made
Any chance of being able to view it in Canada. " The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

I didn’t upload it.....sorry

/ Video- How a snow plow is made #9  
I remember when I was 18 living at home, no money, no job, I asked my parents to buy me a new Dodge power wagon SNO-FITER.
Iy was a turn-key 4x4 3/4 ton pickup with a snow plow.

Back then the complete unit can in around $4,500. Coincidently a new Corvette came in at the same price.

Unbelievably, they did it, they signed for the truck.

Now It's December and not a bit of snow on the ground as I sat in the kitchen looking at the street. I was sick inside, what have I done?

I always wondered what my parents thought after all my promises about how much money I could make.

Then it started snowing and for the next week, it dumped on our town. I already had my contracts in place. I charged all my customers twice the going rate for their commercial lots
saying that I will replow you lot for free if it snows again in the 24 hours after plowed. That was my hook. I also gave them free rock salt for their walks.

Well I worked 24 hours a day, would take naps with my head on the steering wheel with the engine running in the middle of a commercial lot in a snow storm.

I remember once I came home went to sleep and I set the alarm for 15 minutes and back out I went again.

My Mom was a small woman, but I remember she brought me 4 HEAVY five-gallon jerry cans full of fuel in ger trunk because I could not take the time to get fuel. That stuck in my mind my whole life.

After It was all done I came home early morning after plowing all night as they were having breakfast at the kitchen table. I reached in every pocket I had and pulled out cash and checks
that paid for the vehicle in full.

I walked a little taller that day knowing I didn't let my parents down, and to confirm their trust in me.

They could not afford to send mt to college, but what they gave me in trust was more than any college could have taught me. The work ethics needed to make that business success is another thing college can't teach.

Thanks for sharing, that's a cool story!

KC

/ Video- How a snow plow is made #10  

Added the video in case it's easier for some to view.