vicon pendulum spreader parts help.

/ vicon pendulum spreader parts help. #11  
I know their the parent group but all they will do is refer me to a dealer. Thats what I am trying to do here, see if any of our dealership members on here can help me out and I will rather give them my money then picking someone out of the blue from online.

I don't know whats going on with C&B either, they usually are pretty good but for some reason the guy my parts guy talked to didn't seem to understand. I am thinking he quoted the electronics system that is an option for these spreaders. I do know my parts guy is still looking but I need to get this thing ready so as soon as I can get in the vineyard I can start spreading potash.

Robert, Tarver Sales Corporation/1-800-848-9303 in Folsom, LA is where my dealer gets my parts when I need them. They've always been good on delivery and have depended on them for a few parts over the years. You might want to talk to them and they may have some answers that'll help.

/ vicon pendulum spreader parts help.
Robert, Tarver Sales Corporation/1-800-848-9303 in Folsom, LA is where my dealer gets my parts when I need them. They've always been good on delivery and have depended on them for a few parts over the years. You might want to talk to them and they may have some answers that'll help.

Thank you, I will try to make time to call them tomorrow. I need to get something figured out with this in the next month.

/ vicon pendulum spreader parts help. #13  
Do you want the system to be changed from manual to hydraulic, and if so why? If the cylinder is already on, then cant you repair it? Like some members said, 4k is a lot of cilinder. It is not quite clear what piston it is.

Wautier said:
Do you want the system to be changed from manual to hydraulic, and if so why? If the cylinder is already on, then cant you repair it? Like some members said, 4k is a lot of cilinder. It is not quite clear what piston it is.

Yes, change from manual to hydraulic. As to why, my vicon is cart mounted and is hard to reach from an open station and even harder from a cab.

My parts guys talked to the Vicon salesman and made sure they had the proper part I needed. The cylinder will cost around $950 plus the cost of the hoses. Still seems high for what your getting but much better then $4k+ and my back will be a lot happier at the end of the day.

This cylinder is going on my big Vicon (has a 1 ton capacity) and I will be spreading almost 5 ton of potash through it this spring in the vineyard. There are around 250 rows and I am banding under the rows so I would have to turn around and manually start and stop this thing 250 times.

/ vicon pendulum spreader parts help. #16  
Robert I think you made a good decision with the set up you have. I'm sure it'll be a lot easier on the body once you get it all hooked up. Should save you some time also.

The first year I used my Vicon on a cab tractor I got fertilizer and nitrogen dust in the cab because I had to open the rear window to push and pull the lever. I knew then I was going to make a change in that system. If I hadn't been able to find what I used I'd have bought the cylinder you're getting even though I thought it was to high. I spread on pasture and hay fields and some changes I make is just change speed to put down more or less. I recorded changes the first year and knew what was going out per acre at different setting on the spreader and different speeds on the tractor. I know what you're doing is more complex.

I think once you use the new cylinder you'll be happy with it.

Here is everything that comes with the kit.

ForumRunner_20120301_124121.png

/ vicon pendulum spreader parts help. #18  
Appears to be an accumulator on the cylinder. Guessing that's for the return stroke so it only has to use one hydraulic hose. Perhaps charged so it doesn't damage the linkage also. Or could just be used as a bladder/cushion. Can't see the top to tell if it's chargeable with nitrogen.

With the picture I can see some of the cost now. Only picture I've seen was one on the spreader and couldn't see much. Now you can work in some comfort. It'll be a nice setup.

I still haven't mounted this to the spreader yet. It didn't come with any directions as far as how it was suppose to go together so I managed to get a parts diagram from my dealer and have started putting the valve and hose together and hooked to the cylinder. Now I still need to drill a hole on the spreader for a second bolt but it should go together fast after that. If anyone is interested I will take some pics of it as I am putting it together for anyone else who may be thinking of adding this option to their Vicon.

Well its mounted finally. I had to drill one hole in the plastic shroud over the actual spreader parts and I also had to reuse the angled pivot bar as the new one had the shaft welded on the wrong side and won't work. Not a big deal since the current bar was in good shape. All thats left is to get it hooked to a tractor and make sure it actually works now. I may try that tomorrow just because I want to know before I need to use it.

I am going to post some pics since I can't find any decent pics of this option anywhere online and in my search to find some I did run across quite a few TBN threads including pictures I had posted on here before so hopefully it will help someone out.