Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #11  
My bet is Verizon has some sort of scheduled maintenance if it's happening every Friday like clockwork.

I didn't happen to notice which area you were in. But if west coast time zone, or mountain time zone, someone could have got their timing off if the maintenance was set up by someone on the east coast.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings
My bet is Verizon has some sort of scheduled maintenance if it's happening every Friday like clockwork.

I didn't happen to notice which area you were in. But if west coast time zone, or mountain time zone, someone could have got their timing off if the maintenance was set up by someone on the east coast.
I am in the east Ohio/West Virginia Ohio River Valley area

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #13  
I am in the east Ohio/West Virginia Ohio River Valley area
That wouldn't be it. Either lots of internet traffic or someone goofed and set up maintenance to run early.

Who knows. But I can understand your frustration.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings
That wouldn't be it. Either lots of internet traffic or someone goofed and set up maintenance to run early.

Who knows. But I can understand your frustration.
Frustration has only been during Friday evenings , I don't know how I survived without the internet 30 yrs ago
.I probably watched tv or found something productive to do...😁 Times have changed.
8 hours of slow internet time 😵😨 !!!!!
I must be getting spoiled with today's technology.

Last edited:
   / Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #15  
   / Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #17  
Get StarLink if you have an unobstructed view.

A few months back they put a limited, I think it was 1TB of data per month, but that has been removed, and we never got near the limit even with all of our Internet use.

Was just in a home in the NL that was getting 500-600 MBPS. Dang thing would drop connections all of the time. Some disconnects were the same time each night but disconnects happened at other times as well. PITA.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #18  
I'm in a city of 450,000 and cell service is bad at my place to non existent which seems to be a theme with me no matter where I own.

Family phone Verizon is almost unusable in Oakland and Olympia.

That said T-Mobil was like that but the last two weeks has improved.

Still only one bar but data loads now where before I was pretty much limited to text messages.

I did have an advisory saying tower would be down for maintainence.

My question is why would Verizon be ok for voice and almost useless for data and at the same location T-Mobil data greatly improved to being somewhat usable?

Second question is I am continually getting mail and email about home internet through cell and always reply only to hear not yet available at my address... one would think they would not send to address with no coverage?

You don't have to rural in the middle of nowhere to have non existent cell coverage... even in a metro with 12 million and a view of the golden gate bridge tower is no guarantee.

Last edited:
   / Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #19  
I live in a resort community. Verizon gets slow on summer weekends due to increased use (there's only so much bandwidth available). On holiday weekends, fuhgetaboutit!

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #20  
I'm in a city of 450,000 and cell service is bad at my place to non existent which seems to be a theme with me no matter where I own.

Family phone Verizon is almost unusable in Oakland and Olympia.

That said T-Mobil was like that but the last two weeks has improved.

Still only one bar but data loads now where before I was pretty much limited to text messages.

I did have an advisory saying tower would be down for maintainence.

My question is why would Verizon be ok for voice and almost useless for data and at the same location T-Mobil data greatly improved to being somewhat usable?

Second question is I am continually getting mail and email about home internet through cell and always reply only to hear not yet available at my address... one would think they would not send to address with no coverage?

You don't have to rural in the middle of nowhere to have non existent cell coverage... even in a metro with 12 million and a view of the golden gate bridge tower is no guarantee.
Isn't there any internet service(cable, fiber, DSL) available for internet there? I'm so rural here that I have no usable cell service. Fortunately My electric co-op installed fiber a year ago and now I can use my cell phone in the house and barn where I also have a router.
I never considered cell service to be reliable for internet and wouldn't use it unless you have no other options.