ventrac/steiner tall issues

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #1  

Tony H

Platinum Member
Tractor
JCB MIDI CX
Looking at these two units. I am used to a compact tractor where the hood slopes down making good viewing of front implements. The ventrac and Steiner have very straight vertical hoods, is it very hard to operate any front implement because you are driving blind?

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #2  
I think that would depend on the model of Ventrac you are looking at. They show some models with a hood way out front, and others where the operator is sitting in front of the engine with their feet almost over the mower.

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #3  
I think that would depend on the model of Ventrac you are looking at. They show some models with a hood way out front, and others where the operator is sitting in front of the engine with their feet almost over the mower.

The 4000 series has the hood and the 3000 series has the rear engine.

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #4  
What is it you want to see?

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #5  
I own and operate a 4500 series with contour mower, side discharge mower, rough cut, and rotary broom. No problem seeing anything. Lot more visual than the rear implements of my compact utility.

prs

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues
What is it you want to see?

Lets see, When using the Bucket loader, I'd like to see that the Blade is level for level scooping. For Brooming I'd like to see the very front of the Broom dead center so I can bring it right up to the edge of something. For snow plowing I'd like to be able to see dead center so I can pull up to a garage door and back blade the snow away. I want to see everything, if that hood is a blind spot then there is danger if hitting something.

Yes, I was referring to the 4000 series, not the Cab-over 3000 series

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #7  
Well, this is a relatively small machine with driver of average height well above the top of the relatively short hood. But wanting to see the front edge of a rotary broom or leading edge of an implement from behind, I think you would need some sort of camera or those feeler things they used to sell little old ladies with Cadillac Fleetwood sedans so they can park without hitting the building or such. All razzing aside, this is one of the most visually oriented machines I have operated. Most operators quickly get the "feel" of where the blade or brush or bucket is, so they know where they are and when to stop.

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #8  
I don't have the slightest clue how you can see through your attachment. You have to look at the sides anyway, and no hood is in the way of that. The stupid little flip scoop or whatever they call it, has flats on the top edges that are in line with the bottom, like many buckets so you look at that for level. Again, out to the sides beyoond your hood.

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #9  
525 has a flat hood also.
David from jax

/ ventrac/steiner tall issues #10  
Lets see, When using the Bucket loader, I'd like to see that the Blade is level for level scooping. For Brooming I'd like to see the very front of the Broom dead center so I can bring it right up to the edge of something. For snow plowing I'd like to be able to see dead center so I can pull up to a garage door and back blade the snow away. I want to see everything, if that hood is a blind spot then there is danger if hitting something.

Yes, I was referring to the 4000 series, not the Cab-over 3000 series

Having had both and a powertrac, you are a 100% right the rear engine ones. You can see what you are doing, powertrac was the best on the bucket, stump grinder and the rest of the attachments far as being able to see and do accurate work. if Ventrac would make a 3000 series built with the heavier trans axles like the 4500s I would go back to one in a minute. I never saw anything as stupid as a mirror for a stump grinder. A skid steer has the engine in the rear same as loaders, you want the weight in the rear to pick up things in the front. Most people are farm tractor schooled, engine in the front and pick up things in the back, and ride around looking backwards. For mowing grass and a slip scoop and a snow blade the 3000 is very good and you can see what you are doing even with a stump grinder you don't need a mirror, or add weights..... jim

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
2002 Wilson Cattle Trailer (A33041)
2002 Wilson Cattle...
Torch Cart, Regulators, Hose & Smith Torch (A33349)
Torch Cart...
John Deere 660 Hay Rake (A33041)
John Deere 660 Hay...
AGT YSRT14 Skid Steer (A33526)
AGT YSRT14 Skid...
1987 INTERNATIONAL 1954 (A32908)
1987 INTERNATIONAL...