UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #201  
I used it to spread 16 tons of gravel on the driveway. Not nearly as effective as a tractor with a loader, but use what ya got...

Big downside is I was having to really hit the gravel pile hard to get the gravel into the loader and then you end up with lots of weight out front so it would tip forward if I did not have ballast on the rear. Probably not great on the ATV front end and/or shocks. It was very handy to haul tools and such around.

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread
Since we are hoping for snow here over the next few days, here is our machines pushing snow around.
boss plows311.jpg
6x6plows40757.jpg

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #204  
Nice Arly

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #205  
Basketcase Honda Rancher 420 DCT IRS I just finished rehabilitating.
Was abused at a commercial ranch: problems charging, problems shifting, water in oil, and front end damage among a number of minor issues.
Works great now -just need snow

Attachments

• IMG_20231214_121728858_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231214_121728858_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20231214_121735554_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231214_121735554_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20231214_121808099_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231214_121808099_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
Basketcase Honda Rancher 420 DCT IRS I just finished rehabilitating.
Was abused at a commercial ranch: problems charging, problems shifting, water in oil, and front end damage among a number of minor issues.
Works great now -just need snow
I switched our winch cable to a tow strap. We only got less than winters worth of wear out of those cables. Tow straps lasted much longer.

Last edited:
   / UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #207  
I swtiched our winch cable to a tow strap. We only got a winters worth of wear out of those cables.
Thanks I have heard that elsewhere as well. I had to replace the existing Warn winch with a new one due to water intrusion which came with the steel cable. Since it was new I figured I would use it til the cable snapped and replace with a synthetic line.
I want to use it in the summer as well so I'll opt for synthetic versus the strap

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #208  
I like the lightweight and usually no rats nests of synthetic line however earlier versions from my experiences didn't have much abrasion resistance compared to steel. I've also experienced the synthetic lightweight line jumping the sheaves on snatch blocks etc. I use cable and chain lube on steel cable and have had good results. For occasional use and weight savings I have a smaller foldable come along with synthetic line in my backwoods riding pack.

This is what we use and will be staying with straps like this. I cut them in half.
1702749156910.png

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #210  
Hauling wood with sxs? Great when it's cold enough to burn but no freaking snow to haul with snow machines.

Attachments

• KIMG2294.JPG
    KIMG2294.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • KIMG2295.JPG
    KIMG2295.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 31