UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel.

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #41  
Finally gave in a got a new Polaris ranger 500
Cost of used vs new was so little it was worth to go new.
Everyone that I talked to said a utv was their best purchase besides a tractor

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #42  
Finally gave in a got a new Polaris ranger 500
Cost of used vs new was so little it was worth to go new.
Everyone that I talked to said a utv was their best purchase besides a tractor

Congrats on the new tool. Very useful addition.

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #43  
I bought a 2010 RTV900 5 yrs ago with 51 hrs on it. It has the top, windshield, and mirrors. I added the bed liner, speedometer, hand throttle, high air intake, and plasti dipped the grill guard. I thought $9500 was a lot of money to pay for such a toy, but wouldn't take my money back and do without it.
OP, I don't know of any other UTV that you can get with factory cab heat and air with diesel and hydrostat. The sting of the initial outlay will diminish, but the satisfaction will last for years.

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #44  
I bought a 2010 RTV900 5 yrs ago with 51 hrs on it. It has the top, windshield, and mirrors. I added the bed liner, speedometer, hand throttle, high air intake, and plasti dipped the grill guard. I thought $9500 was a lot of money to pay for such a toy, but wouldn't take my money back and do without it.
OP, I don't know of any other UTV that you can get with factory cab heat and air with diesel and hydrostat. The sting of the initial outlay will diminish, but the satisfaction will last for years.

My thoughts exactly.

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #45  
I was at my JD dealer buying some supplies and they had a new Gator with the cab. A/C, heat and radio, very nice. Actually nicer than my Kubota's cab but the price of this unit with a gas engine was about $25,000. I've had three Gators but I don't see changing from my Kubota. At these prices I hope to keep my RTV-X1100C for a long time.

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #46  
I have a Gator 855D, 2013 year with 101 hours....been a great UTV. I've plowed snow with it and the usual chores...yard clean up. It's got a roof, rear work lamps (I installed the Deere kit) and that's about it. One of the few things I don't like about it is where the shift lever, parking brake and differential lock levers are located...can't carry three people across the seat (bench seat).
I bought a windshield over the winter...have yet to install it. Also, side mirrors (also not installed yet).

Looked at a new 865M...boy, I really like the new design for the controls and instrument panel. However, the quote was >$20K ($5K more then I paid for the 855D). I believe another poster wrote the full cab models cost in the mid-$20K range...the 865M is (priced it). Even being in Vermont....just don't use the Gator enough in the winter months where I could come close to justifying that

Still kicking it around...but I doubt I go for it...not this year.

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #47  
I"ve had an ATV for the last twenty years. Finally around 1995 I realized that there were just too many places on the property where I could not get my tractor. I currently have a 2005 Polaris ATP(all terrain pickup) and even with that, there are a few places that I have to hoof it to. Fortunately, I have no need for a UTV/side by side. I can carry everything I need in the small pickup bed on my current unit.

The prices of all these ATV/ATP/UTV units are simply out of sight. When my current unit quits - I will not be able to afford to replace it.

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel.
I"ve had an ATV for the last twenty years. Finally around 1995 I realized that there were just too many places on the property where I could not get my tractor. I currently have a 2005 Polaris ATP(all terrain pickup) and even with that, there are a few places that I have to hoof it to. Fortunately, I have no need for a UTV/side by side. I can carry everything I need in the small pickup bed on my current unit.

The prices of all these ATV/ATP/UTV units are simply out of sight. When my current unit quits - I will not be able to afford to replace it.

I looked up the ATP... is is just a 4wheeler with a shelf on the back? I have never heard of it and don't know whether I found the correct thing.

Polaris ATP.jpg

/ UTV madness... more than my F350 dually diesel. #49  
Dadnatron - that's the unit. They still make the unit but at the local dealership I would have to special order to get a new one. The little bed in the back is hinged and will tip up and dump - manually. Just the right size for my Honda generator and a few powered tools when I head out on the property.