UTV Accesories

/ UTV Accesories #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
What are some of the options you have added to your UTV? Were they worth the extra money? Recently bought an HPX and had the deluxe cab, high capacity alternator, mirrors and visor put on it. Some of the available options are front and rear work lights, spot light, beacon, interior light, doors, windshield, heater etc. At some point we would like to enclose it and add the heater. Just wondering what others have added to theirs...

/ UTV Accesories #2  
Power dump is a must, at least for me. I also added a hitch, 12 volt outlet and a horn. I would like to add a windshield.

/ UTV Accesories #3  
I bought an HPX 4x4 diesel but I'm waiting for some of the options to come in before it is ready. Lot of options to pick from.

Options I did get:

HPAT tires
Brush guard
Dealer added engine block heater
Floor mats
Sprayed bed liner over insert
3rd party rear hitch with 2" receiver
Canopy
Windshield kit with wiper
mirrors
interior light

Options I considered but did not get:

Hard doors - costly but considering for later
Soft doors - wonder if the windows zip down
Heater - will get if I get the doors
winch - looking at 3rd party with wireless remote
front/rear work lights - looking to add my own for less??
tail/brake lights - price my own or add kit

Does the high capacity alternator replace original or is it added in addition to existing alternator? If I remember, is the stock gas 20amp and the diesel 40amp? The high capacity isn't listed in the build your own for the diesel HPX. Might be an error on the WEB site or it is only an option on the gas model.

Craig

/ UTV Accesories #4  

Hi, Craig,

I'd quiz your green guy. My salesman came back to me (I'm looking at an HPX diesel) with this: regular model has a magneto only, so the high cap alternator is an add not a repl. I would CHECK that since it does not jive with the JD brochure. I think the service mgr misunderstood which model Tim was asking him about.

I cannot tell you everywhere I saw it, but the HC alt is a build option in several places. Check all parts of the site, or write to the web sales mgr at JD in NC (e mail me privately for his addr /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) who was very helpful. I have expressed my opinion to him that the site is a little "young" yet, but the whole idea of putting out list prices on the web is **** progressive!

Good luck,

Jim the undecided in VA /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif