USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Getting a little frustrated. My mower is down. Kohler 25hp crapped out the plastic fan and debris guard. Broken bolts, messed up aluminum spacers etc. Was late on a Saturday when I got it apart to figure what I needed.

So to the web to find parts. Found a place in Oregon that happened to have the best price, and due to the time difference, would get shipped out that day( Saturday) via USPS 2-day priority.

Tracking # showed it being in Pontiac MI (looks like a northern suburbs of Detroit about 3hrs away) at 3am monday morning. Thinking the chances were slim, but still possible to get to the local post office and I would have it Monday.

Well it didn't show. Next update wasn't until 4am Tuesday where it arrived at a southern suburb if Detroit, and a note saying package is delayed and no estimated delivery time as of yet.

Really. 25 hours to get across town. Now knowing I ain't gonna have it Tuesday, I set up E-mail alerts. I get an email at 8am Tues saying it departed. Thinking at least I'll get it today (Wed). My phone showed another e-mail at 8pm. Thinking it may have arrived at my local post.

Nope, says departed MI again and mysteriously the 8am departure info disappeared. But I still have the email.

Another email at 2am again. Same thing. Departed MI again and the previous info disappeared??? Still the note about the delay. But no indication as to why.

So going on 12 days without cutting the grass and God knows when I'll get parts now. It's not like there was anything hazardous or anything that could have broke open and spilled.

Anyone ever deal with anything like this? Going on 5 days now on 2-day shipping.

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #2  
You can't figure Saturday and Sunday into your five days.
It is very early on the third day techniclly, I wouldn't get that worked up over it.
It took you how many days to figure out what you needed.

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues
You can't figure Saturday and Sunday into your five days.

Why not. It shipped out on a saturday. Probably in the air on sunday. As of saturday night it was scheduled for delivery on monday, And was only 3 hours away from me at 3AM on monday.

Even so, it was 2-day mail. They are still LATE

And it only took me a few hours to tear it apart to see what I needed. I was mowing on saturday when it broke. Promptly tore into it, hat it apart in an hour or hour and a half, then spent a few minutes researching parts and pricing online before ordering. But not sure what any of that has to do with anything.

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues
Just got off the phone with USPS. I guess hey claim there was an issue with either the address or barcode on the label? And that is their reason for the delay. Hard to believe it takes 2 days to sort that out. But now I aint gonna get the package til Thursday:mur: So at this time, I really dont know who to point the finger at, the sender.....or USPS. And I wont know that til I get the package and see what the deal with this label or barcode is....

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #5  
Deliveries get messed up.
I ordered a valve for my VW TDI to be delivered in Mississippi from Florida via 3 day priority mail.
Following the USPS tracking it went through several stops before showing it was going out for delivery in Michigan. It took a week longer to get back to Mississippi.

Addressing was perfect.

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #6  
Well, if it makes you feel any better I ordered some readers (ol fart glasses) from a vendor in Detroit and it was five days priority mail to the Lansing area about 90 miles apart. Poney Express would have been faster.

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #7  
Have had issues with accurate tracking with USPS. Fedx, because ground and next day are two separate entities, that gets ugly. UPS, real good luck. Foreign shipments go DHL. Canada mexico the NAFTA countries, if you have to go through customs, its messed up. There is an art form to getting it through fast to Canada.

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #8  
i think you should be dealing with the vendor LD1. They're who you paid to handle it. They should at least refund the extra you paid for the delivery method. when this happens to me i regret not buying local.

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #9  
Without doubt UPS is the worst in my experience. Took five weeks to for a package to reach my town with UPS - after paying for one weeks delivery. Never again will I give my money to UPS.
USPS in my opinion, is not bad at all. I have never needed to pay for two day delivery and can only comment on the ordinary service - which I think is fine.
Just my $0.02, but do find USPS very reasonable and cheaper than the couriers (UPS, FedEx, DHL etc.)

/ USPS delayed shipping. Anyone ever have issues #10  
You think you have problems? Try being a shipper with guaranteed delivery time, e.g. Amazon sellers! And if the order isn't delivered within the 7 days from date of order, the seller has to refund the full cost of the order - no matter if it's ever delivered or not.

It takes a week to get a First Class letter across this huge 500 population town, and 2 days to get a package to Michigan. Where's the logic in that?

And worse - those "FedEx" shipments that hand of packages to the local Post Office for home delivery is a total joke. You can figure on an extra 5 day delay with that service.

But - I don't want to slight UPS either. Yesterday spouse received 3 boxes of glass jars that she had ordered online. At 7:00 pm she did a tracer on it and discovered that, it was not only two days late, it was now "on our porch or in our small mailbox out on the road last night, a quarter of a mile away.

Yep - the 3 boxes were indeed IN the mailbox out on the road, sort of... They were forcefully shoved about a quarter of the way the in, with three fourths handing out, almost falling out of the mailbox. Do you think "Glass - FRAGILE" means anything? Nada... nothing at all.

Shipping is not only expensive, but totally unreliable as far as timing is concerned.